Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Let's do a group buy.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Alright guys let's get together and call belltech or some spindle company and organize a group buy!!! My #1 goal is 2 get this SOS kit OFF my truck. I will deal with it until I find another kit or spindle. Any INTELLIGENT ideas?? :dontknow: Beeltech 1-888-712-8811

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
Why don't you like the SOS kit? Just wondering, am lookin to get the same kit soon.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got the SOS kit and it's a great kit. I haven't had any problems with mine at all and I have over 1,500 miles on it now. Do you have the shorty bump stops installed?

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Why don't you like the SOS kit? Just wondering, am lookin to get the same kit soon.
I am not on a mission 2 trash this kit. With that said I am not happy with it either. It is a POOR design. Bumpy ride and turning with this kit is down right dangerous!! Because the body frame of the truck is riding on the bump stop on the lower control arm. I was driving down the tollway at about 85-90 mph and came into a turn that almost resulted in a XR being flipped!!! I have taken this same turn over the years in many other vehicles and never felt as scared as that day. I did not know y at the time but looking closely at the front suspension we found the problem. If u like 2 haul ass and turn sharp then this kit is not for u. If your granny is driving the truck then it should b ok. :driver:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I've got the SOS kit and it's a great kit. I haven't had any problems with mine at all and I have over 1,500 miles on it now. Do you have the shorty bump stops installed?
K2, The front is the problem. Not the rear. And yes I do have them installed.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Looks like you need to go DJM bro. I have the SOS kit and hauled ass and not had any problems

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like you need to go DJM bro. I have the SOS kit and hauled ass and not had any problems
Hauling ass in a straight line is 1 thing. But rat racing is the problem. I was rat racing an lowered Dodge Ram when this happened 2 me on the tollway. Come 2 Dallas and I will give u the ride of your life (BUT IN YOUR XR):laugh:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, first of all - you know how most of us here feel about street racing. Can't say that I haven't done it myself, but if I wreck --- you won't see me blaming it on my SOS kit --- I'll blame it on poor judgment.

I have ran the SOS kit through some serious turns at high speeds on my new KDW's and it sticks SOLID. I'd like to hear some other people with the SOS kit weigh in here and see if this is a unique problem with your truck (or your driving :laugh:).

CBRBob

Reaction score
Took my sos equpiied xr on a road course and it was fine. it drives fine. Is it the best, no, but until someone makes a better shock, we are stuck. I have 29K on it and its safe.

Jonathan

Reaction score
i know what his problem is, and its only from taking away travel which is the design of the kit.

as ive said before, in bumpy corners that will make the front end skip and push, but i cant say too much since it makes me look like an A hole since im a vendor:laugh:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Well, first of all - you know how most of us here feel about street racing. Can't say that I haven't done it myself, but if I wreck --- you won't see me blaming it on my SOS kit --- I'll blame it on poor judgment.

I have ran the SOS kit through some serious turns at high speeds on my new KDW's and it sticks SOLID. I'd like to hear some other people with the SOS kit weigh in here and see if this is a unique problem with your truck (or your driving :laugh:).
X 2 Well Said :top:

Xample

Reaction score
i have zero complaints on mine....i luv it and you all know how i drive:driver: lol it's all good people...sos is ok with me:top:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
If u look at the lower control arm u will c the problem. I have lowered some trux in my life and by far this is the worse ride. And like Rob said we r stuck with it until someone comes up with somethin betta. That is y I started this thread 2 bring attention 2 a better kit. If there were spindles out there who would buy them?? I think u all know that they could not keep them in stock!! :rock:

Crouse BLUE X

Reaction score
if there were spindles i would buy them i have spacers mounted in between the spindle and where it connects to the horse shoe on the lower ball joint

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I am happy with my SOS kit.... There's up's and downs will all the lowering kits tho :top:

AFP520

Reaction score
I am not on a mission 2 trash this kit. With that said I am not happy with it either. It is a POOR design. Bumpy ride and turning with this kit is down right dangerous!!
Are you still riding on your stock wheels and tires?

Top Bottom