Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Low oil pressure light flickering

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Well knowing my luck my trucks low oil pressure light came on but it flickers when I go over bumps, it also goes on and off but will not stay on constantly. I checked my oil and it's exactly where it's suppose to be. Do you guys think it could only be a bad oil filter? I only used Toyota oil filters.

Gadget

Reaction score
Stop driving it. Install a real oil pressure gauge and see where it really is before it is to late.

Bumps sounds like an electrical connection issue, but do not risk it.

The oil pressure switch is set to come on a 4.3 PSI. If you are running your engine on 4.3 PSI you better start looking for a replacement engine.

G

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Thanks gadget. I stopped driving it immediately. I'll go ahead and find a gauge to check it. I hope it's nothing serious.

Gadget

Reaction score
Might just be a bad switch.

Lets hope.

Gadget

Reaction score
Any mechanical gauge should work. Just need the proper adapter to screw it into the oil pressure switch port.

Any good mechanic will have this ready to go.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
This is the exact reason why I installed a oil pressure gauge. I am hoping yours is just a bad connection but like G said better safe than sorry.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
That is next on the long list of things I need. Lol if it's not one thing it's always another. It's just sad cause I didn't think I would be running into these kind of problems with a truck that's only 2 years old and not daily driven.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the start up and warm engine oil pressure is?

justin13703

Reaction score
At idle when mine was cold it was usually upwards of 60psi. At idle when warm I think it was around 20.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Well the kit I borrowed from a friend doesn't have the right fitting. It had one that kind of fit but I screwed it in but not all the way so it ended up leaking but the pressure was at 80 psi and slowly started dropping. I also noticed when I put the pressure switch back it was leaking slowly but not a lot. And yes the threads are still okay. I hope it's still just the switch.

Coupe

Reaction score
I would just replace the sending unit, then see if that fixes your problem.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
1/8 BSPT it the needed thread fitting size

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Update: change the oil pressure sensor and oil filter still nothing. So off to Toyota it goes, and now I gotta pay for it to be towed to.

Does anybody know how Toyota is about warranty? Do you think they'll void it for the headers and TCAI? Even though it has nothing to do with the oil pressure.

Gadget

Reaction score
Always remove aftermarket parts before you have your truck towed into the dealer.

No, the TCAI has nothing to do with oil pressure, but if they end up needing to replace the engine, bet your ass the Toyota warranty dude will try to blame everything on the intake.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
^^^ This is the truth. When my transmission went out under warranty, one of the reasons on the paperwork for them not covering the transmission was that I had an aftermarket radio installed. They will find any reason to get out of paying for it even if it's something not at all related

Gadget

Reaction score
Yea, I took my truck to Toyota dealer not far from me to try and get the trans replaced under warranty. It was denied because I had stickers on the back window. The service manager was a total dickhead. He kept coming up with silly stuff and I just kept walking his dick into the dirt and showing how little he knew about the truck. He got so upset he ordered me off the property and said if I did not leave he would call the police. I politely asked for my truck back and he wasn't going to give it to me and said he was calling the police. I offered to call the police for him stating that I was certain I could get them their faster if he wanted. He said the faster the better. I pulled the police radio out of my pocket and put the call for service in. Then I told him that when they get here I was planning to arrest him for auto theft if he had not returned my truck back to me by then. Yea, the look on his face was priceless. I got my truck back pretty quick.

Anyway, there are some awesome people working for Toyota, but there are some that are working hard to drive business away from Toyota. It is really sad.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW! Go G! Ploughing retards.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Magnuson-Moss Act offers protection from the over the top dealer shenanigans. But it never hurts to take the easy stuff off.

justin13703

Reaction score
Magnuson-Moss Act offers protection from the over the top dealer shenanigans. But it never hurts to take the easy stuff off.

They don't care. They'll laugh at you and tell you they'll see you in court if you wanna drop the kind of cash to sue the biggest automaker on the planet.

Top Bottom