Lowered Leaning Left

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jeremias, May 2, 2008.

1. Jeremias

Jeremias Active Member

Ok, so I installed the Sittin Sic lowering kit and then got an allignment. The other day a buddy of mine comes up to me and asks me why my truck is leaning, I'm like WHAT??? Yep it's leaning to the left only on the rear about 1/2 an inch to 3/4. I looked under there and everything is still installed correctly, blocks are exactly the same. HELP PLEASE!!!:bawling:

2. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

If everything is installed correctly and lined up, maybe your bed is a little tweaked?:dontknow:

3. Matt's06

Matt's06 New Member

Thats is strange. Could it have been leaning before the drop and is more noticable now because there is less fender gap?

4. drewXrunner

drewXrunner New Member

hmm. double check to make sure you have the pin lined up right. or maybe one of the blocks is shorter than the other.

5. Jeremias

Jeremias Active Member

Checked pins, blocks are the same. It could have been leaning before, but from what?

6. Twisted Creations

Twisted Creations New Member

Told you to stop haulling all those ladies around every weekend in the back of the truck there bro :laugh: just need to arrange them better for no lean :top:

7. vinnieb0i

vinnieb0i New Member

not to be mean, but from being fat???

I'm a pretty big guy also, when I dropped my corolla my driver side was half 3/4 inch lower then the other side.

BTW i saw your truck a few weeks back on Bell Chase Highway. TX plates right?

8. Jeremias

Jeremias Active Member

Fat?? Not so much as to make my truck lean when i get out. Yeah Belle Chasse Highway, live down the road.

9. Shanes56

Shanes56 New Member

So it is the rear that is out of wack not the front? Well check pins both top and bottom and other than that make sure that one of your leafs is not sagging (tpypta is infamous in the past for sagging leafs). If the coils are the problem let me know ASAP and I will take care of you, but you need to give it atleast 1 1/2 months to settle. This may be a dumb statement but where you parked on level ground?

PM me and keep me informed.

10. Jeremias

Jeremias Active Member

It's not the coils, front is fine. Might be a leaf, I'll have to check when I get home. My garage is pretty level, and my work parking lot, and the gas station, not my ditch though.:smile:

11. Shanes56

Shanes56 New Member

HAHA, well you just might have to get some composite leafs then :) :top:

12. wshsbears

wshsbears New Member

its called taco lean.. toyota decided to put the gas tank, battery, drivers seat, and steering column on the left side of the vehicle, the right side got an intake tube and passenger seat... keep that in mind :top:

13. Jeremias

Jeremias Active Member

I'll just have to save up for the leafs or some helper bags

14. eXuser01

eXuser01 New Member

mines got a small lean now i had it worse when i first installed its not that bad anymore still tilt but like wshsbears said all the wieght is on that one side and im a good 215 so sit in the passgener side more lol

15. ACEE-TL

ACEE-TL New Member

yeah mine has that to. you remember I told you that mine was leaning to the left (if you sitting in the truck) driver side. after I did my drop. I got it aligned and now its like maybe 1/2 or so difference.

16. Hi_On_X

Hi_On_X New Member

It's possible the bed might be tweaked... :dontknow:

17. Jeremias

Jeremias Active Member

I hope the hell not:ahhhhh:

18. 08x-runner

08x-runner New Member

who else has this issue? I installed SS coils and 2" blocks. Now I have a bigger gap from the top of the passenger rear tire to the bottom of the fender than on the drive side rear tire. Issue is really only on the back tires. Front coils seem to be near perfect. Any way to fix this?

19. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

It's taco lean. All the weight is on the driver's side, battery, gas tank, driver.:beer::laugh::rofl:

20. MORT-RUNNER

MORT-RUNNER Active Member

wshsbears is actually right. All Tacomas lean left. You may not see it with your eyes, but they do. But for this guys problem, its not that I don't think.