Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Maf Calibrator

LifeAlert

Reaction score
so im trying to use the calibrator on the truck right now and every time i try to connect to the ecu the R4 program crashes. know of any reason why this is happening?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
so im trying to use the calibrator on the truck right now and every time i try to connect to the ecu the R4 program crashes. know of any reason why this is happening?

I'd just call tech support. That's what gadget is gonna tell ya to do anyways lol. Much faster then posting on here

Gadget

Reaction score
I left my cell phone at work so if you call now it will just be ringing in an empty building, sorry.

Most likely if you are sing one of those USB to serial converters, that is where your problem is.

G

LifeAlert

Reaction score
0807141516.jpg
0807141512a.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
Did you get your USB converter issue sorted out?

G

LifeAlert

Reaction score
i did not. it still crashes everytime i try to run the program. The cable above is what i've been trying to use to connect to the calibrator but am still having no luck

Gadget

Reaction score
You should get a new cable.

The one on the URD site works nicely.

G

LifeAlert

Reaction score
I talked to someone there and they said that some cables don't work and some do so i went ahead and returned the one i had bought from radioshack and ordered the one from urd. hopefully that all that is causing this all to happen

LifeAlert

Reaction score
bought the cable from URD and I can't seem to get the tune right

Last edited:
Reaction score
What type of scan tool are you using?

Hey G, Do you know if the Snap on brand scan tool will work as the second party to send code to the Split Second R4 Program?

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
What type of scan tool are you using?

Hey G, Do you know if the Snap on brand scan tool will work as the second party to send code to the Split Second R4 Program?

Do what?

You just making stuff up on the fly?

G

Reaction score
No, I'm asking if the Snap-On Brand scan tool will send code to the program that was included with the MAF Calibrator from URD?:hmmmm2:

Gadget

Reaction score
No. It does not work like that.

You look at the fuel trim deviation in displayed on the scan tool and then adjust the map cells accordingly to drive the deviation toward neutral.

Just like you look at the wideband in open loop to know what the actual AFR is so you know how to adjust the map cells to get the AFR where you want it.

G

LifeAlert

Reaction score
gadget do you still have that online write up you made of the calibrator. i remember going through it when i had my old cable but now i can't seem where i had the thing written down

Top Bottom