Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

May be supercharged soon...

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
i was reading the info on it and found it really interesting. Im trying to read up on all i can about anything that deals with the inner workings of a supercharger so i dont ONLY buy one and not understand whats going on with it. is it the same concept as the s/c that fits our trucks?

Murderface

Reaction score
It's Gadget from URD's website. If u have questions about anything on that site just pm him a question

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
If your a patient person ebay is the cheapest place to get the s/c. This is the guy I got mine from for $3000 including fit kit.:top: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=shocken0&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=7&page=1
Damn thats the cheapest price ive seen so far....patient as in what? waiting for that guy to sell another one? i just checked his items for sale and there arent any. im not really patient so ill keep looking until i get the funds in hand then off to the stealership i go :biggrin:

hey coupe if you read this can you take a pic of your guages with them off and on and put them on here please. i seen them in the DD guage mod but im trying to decide on which ones i would get. im sure someone makes them and someone on here prolly has them but are there guages that are blacked out when off then all the details show when on?

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
does the s/c kit include the oil for the s/c unit or is it sold seperately? and anyone who installed the kit themselves did you have to have any pulley pullers or anything or it all comes apart with normal tools.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I believe the only fluid you will need is some new antifreeze. Everything else should be included.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I believe the only fluid you will need is some new antifreeze. Everything else should be included.
ok cool. i read that you can re-use the antifreeze but i bought it used and i dont trust the previous owner so im gonna change it out anyway. thanks

just drop a lsx engine in it lol

i dunno about the weight difference between that and the stock motor but im sure the price difference is big...ill just add the blower for extra power and barely any extra weight, time and money :top:

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
Damn thats the cheapest price ive seen so far....patient as in what? waiting for that guy to sell another one? i just checked his items for sale and there arent any. im not really patient so ill keep looking until i get the funds in hand then off to the stealership i go :biggrin:

hey coupe if you read this can you take a pic of your guages with them off and on and put them on here please. i seen them in the DD guage mod but im trying to decide on which ones i would get. im sure someone makes them and someone on here prolly has them but are there guages that are blacked out when off then all the details show when on?

These are crappy pics, but they will illustrate the gauges.

201009SepTruck040.jpg

201009SepTruck088.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
If u can't afford coupes gauges u can always get Prosports full electronic sweep that are blacked out when off. They also do the opening ceremony just like the $200+ ones Coupe has. If u have the money get Coupes cause I'm sure they are superior to Prosport.

Prosport u can get them to lite up 2 different colors if you'd like, I think Coupes do all the colors in the rainbow

Sorry can't think of what Coupes are called:dontknow: EDIT: They're Nexus gauges
I just put some AEM gauges in a flexpod I had Sittin around, only have a nite shot but they're white faced to match my main gauges and lite up the same. A/F on left and Boost/Vacuum on the right
df452412.jpg

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
If u can't afford coupes gauges u can always get Prosports full electronic sweep that are blacked out when off. They also do the opening ceremony just like the $200+ ones Coupe has. If u have the money get Coupes cause I'm sure they are superior to Prosport.

Prosport u can get them to lite up 2 different colors if you'd like, I think Coupes do all the colors in the rainbow

Sorry can't think of what Coupes are called:dontknow:

They are Nexus by Autometer. I think they will do 4 or 5 colors. The Prosport is a very nice alterative.

I have bought the Nexus off ebay, one at a time. You can get them a little cheaper, than at Summit or Jegs.

That is a pretty nice gauge panel John.

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
cool imma have to check them out. damn coupe thats alot of guages lol. i have been trying to figure out if i can do a double din guage mod like that...the only thing i can come up with is having some guages fab'd into the top of the bezel where the indentions are. :dontknow: what do they all monitor? and whats the black thing under the cig lighter for?

Murderface

Reaction score
That is a pretty nice gauge panel John.

Thx James! Well I just got some good news today about having an insider that works for Greyhound so I may have a job soon. If that's the case I'm gonna keep what u sent me since it's truly sick and I'll have some cash flow again.

and whats the black thing under the cig lighter for?

That's where u plug that laptop in to monitor the X-1, do data logs or plug the thumbdrive in to run a different map

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
I went a little overboard with gauges. To start of, I would buy an A/F & Boost/Vacuum Gauge.

Both of these could go in a Cravensport (over steering wheel) or a Pillar pod.

Both or pretty resonable.

John,

Good luck on the new job prospect.

Last edited:

Slay0r

Reaction score
*cough gauge whore cough* lol j/k

heres a pic of my setup: (i like the way it looks, but very dangerous to monitor whilst driving)

Picture075-3.jpg

Coupe

Reaction score
*cough gauge whore cough* lol j/k

heres a pic of my setup: (i like the way it looks, but very dangerous to monitor whilst driving)

Picture075-3.jpg

I like the look, but my eyes are not good enough anymore to see in that dark spot and "focus" after watching the street, I need more time for my eyes to rebound from bright to dark.

Top Bottom