Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Moneyblind's Build [Consolidating all my threads]

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I figured I would finnally make a build thread, I wanted to wait a bit longer, but realized I am always updating what is going on with the truck and making alot of threads. Would be nice to consolidate it!

Just to give some props for inspiration; The following members are big inspirations on my build, and as such, I want to recognize them!

Torspd: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=39436
STICKIVIAN: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=48488
Toon: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=45501
Ketchup: Make a build thread!!!!

And without much more blabbering for me! Here we go!

Here is a spreadsheet of future stuff, and whats done now.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AruRRmT7F0jbdEVTVVhoWE9tRklPdWxTMmhGRkVFckE

The is the first picture of the new truck I have, Bought it March 15th-ish

101_0281.jpg

Only a couple of days after getting it, I discovered XRU, amazing site, family, and awesome resource! I immediately jumped into the evo mod and got my addiction started! It all started with that can of plasti-dip. Dealer tags still on the truck, and I was painting it...new realm for me :p This is my first vehicle to really mod out, all the others I left stock for funds reasons. But now I have the cashflow, and the drive ;)

2012-03-25_16-07-38_293.jpg

2012-03-25_17-13-35_935.jpg

I dont like doing what everyone and their mother is doing on the trucks, I like adding my own flare and my own touches. I was playing in photoshop and posted up a concept!
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=48454

Not too long after that I pulled some strings at a local print company in Tulsa Oklahoma and was able to get the work done!

2012-04-04_17-54-46_671.jpg

2012-04-04_19-59-20_514.jpg

2012-04-04_21-08-06_132.jpg

2012-04-05_10-30-43_924.jpg

Around the same time, STICKIVIAN Made a post on how cool it would be to have a push start system in the trucks, with me being an electrical guy, I did some research and everyone knows what came of that ;)

Beta-Thread Link: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=48936
Develop-Thread: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=48940
Public Release: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=49427
Inspiration Thread: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=48486&highlight=push+button

2012-05-15_16-29-44_813.jpg

While developing the kit, I ordered some goodies from XRU members, notably URD!!! Go gadget!

2012-04-05_15-28-28_935.jpg

I actually traded the TCAI for a AFE, because I didnt like having that huge space under my hood empty. Its in the mail right now. And I sold the MAF Cali because I was hurting for money at one point, I plan on picking a MAF Cali up again in the near future;

Now, being in florida, was time to get some other fun stuff done! Meet some new people, and just have a blast overall! Daniel, AKA Braves, made himself known ;) Representing XRU!

2012-04-11_18-41-50_26.jpg

Next, was those wheels! I was really hesitant to do my wheels, because I just didn't see Plastidip holding up on the wheels!

After the first coat, Which this alone looked pretty cool :p
2012-04-18_14-11-13_758.jpg

2012-04-18_15-01-17_905.jpg

A couple of days later, and a long drive to see Red_Hot for a car show; The one I rushed on started peeling, lesson learned, take your time.

Took this picture outside of wendys around Mobile, AL, coincidentally another XRU member started talking with me about his old X, he now owns an Evo.
2012-04-20_13-56-16_623.jpg

To my surprise, they have held up AMAZINGLY since then! I love the look! Gilly gave me an idea to paint the Toyota emblem red, which is now on my list ;) Thanks XRGilly!

The latest blast of items and goodies came from Sproulexrunner and Spec-D Tuning! The headlights, and the seatbelt pads are really the pentacle of the latest mods. I just REALLY like the seatbelt pads...roflmao. Ill post an interior picture later! (I want to get it cleaned the new headunit I ordered installed in it before then!)

2012-06-14_16-36-08_534.jpg

And the headlights with the new HIDS :)

2012-06-11_18-30-43_483.jpg

photobucket-1097-1339811172735.jpg

photobucket-50220-1339811193151.jpg

Long Long Post......But really needed to consolodate everything! I am probably missing some stuff! But I will edit as I got and get the updates rolling!

The aesthetics on the outside are damn near done! ABout to begin the inside, already ordered a new stereo system last night, should be here this coming week. Planning on weathertechs, custom leathers from redlinecustoms; custom sub box is already in the works. Maybe some more Kode: MB inventions; ( I have some ideas ;) ) Gauge cluster face and custom lights; Seat covers or new seats all together;

Then, I am about to start dropping some major money on performance and what not, (I can do ALOT of little things all day long, no matter what.....but when I start spending 500-600 dollars for a single mod, It starts getting real.....aka, ypipe, drops, qa1's, headers, traction bar, sway bars, engine work...boost, T56.....roflmao...gets expensive)

Toon714

Reaction score
about time u made a build thread. :)
looking good kody!!!
looking forward for the go fast mods for ur truck in the future. :rockon:

Moneyblind

Reaction score
about time u made a build thread. :)
looking good kody!!!
looking forward for the go fast mods for ur truck in the future. :rockon:

Thanks mate! Those are just the priciest, and I am a cheap bastard, and I cannot afford to cheap out on those! lol.

Are you getting my PM's? I just realized that sometimes there not sending. (Just had to resend to someone else)

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Lookin good Kody!....Gotta love the way we rep Xru and recommend to others

BluDemon

Reaction score
Big Money,

Your ride is nicely done. I'm really impressed with the hood and roof mod :top:

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Sick build Kody. Real nice attention to detail. Thanks for the shot out my ninja.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am honored to be, even in the slightest, part of your inspiration for your customization. Thank you.

I have always really liked those head lights. They look great with your hood and EVO mod. Can't wait to see how you start liking your performance upgrades.

Get a base dyno, before you start modding. Great for comparison.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
about time you started a build thread!

truck is coming along nicely, my garage is always available when needed too do some mods. given any thought on what to do to spice up the engine compartment?

Murderface

Reaction score
Lookin good! I'd do a build thread but I don't have pics of every mod I've installed/uninstalled to upgrade or change.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Sick build Kody. Real nice attention to detail. Thanks for the shot out my ninja.

HAHA, its official, I am a ninja, Thanks for accepting me into the brotherhood of hooded assassins my Island friend!

I am honored to be, even in the slightest, part of your inspiration for your customization. Thank you.

I have always really liked those head lights. They look great with your hood and EVO mod. Can't wait to see how you start liking your performance upgrades.

Get a base dyno, before you start modding. Great for comparison.

No sir! Thank you! You and toon serve as a who wealth of inspiration and knowledge for me, ESPECIALLY in the performance arena! You do bring a good point! I need to get a baseline dyno, butt dyno's tend to lie ;)

about time you started a build thread!

truck is coming along nicely, my garage is always available when needed too do some mods. given any thought on what to do to spice up the engine compartment?

Thanks mate! I sent you a text earlier in response, havent heard anything yet!

Lookin good! I'd do a build thread but I don't have pics of every mod I've installed/uninstalled to upgrade or change.

Lol....yea... I am guilty of being a camera whore. :crinklehair:

Moneyblind

Reaction score
SOOOO I ended up setting off the fire alarm in my dormitories.... hahaha, I was using a heat gun to melt the plastic emblems off of the center caps to paint em red......................... *facepalm*

Gadget

Reaction score
Looking good!!

Keep up the good work!

G

gotrdwoohoo

Reaction score
Really liken what you did to the front end. Might use that idea myself! Great ride bro!

Reverend_d

Reaction score
kody as always you have done a clean job on the RR. glad to see it all put together. keep it coming!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
SOOOO I ended up setting off the fire alarm in my dormitories.... hahaha, I was using a heat gun to melt the plastic emblems off of the center caps to paint em red......................... *facepalm*

So basically you made everyone do a fire drill, due to modding? That is hilarious. LOL. What time of the day was it?

sinister07

Reaction score

Priceless! :blurock:

Top Bottom