My Build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by 1GRracer, Feb 23, 2012.

1. 1GRracer

1GRracer "Pete"

Hey everyone! I thought I would show you guys the past, present, and future of my truck, Lucario.
    The vehicle in question is a 2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD with the 1GRFE V6.
    [​IMG]
    The song that inspires the build -
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6Q10qHXP4[/ame]

[​IMG]

I got my truck when I was a senior in highschool, my first car was a 1997 Toyota Rav4. Yes that is a fellow students Bentley in a highschool parking lot.
    [​IMG]
    One of the first mods besides my passport radar and K&N intake was new tires as the factory dunlops were such crap, they only lasted about 15,000 miles but I wasn't easy on them, doing fast blast down Chase Hill, off-roading, peeling out, etc, etc. They were ok in the dry but in the rain they were terrible!! After much research I went with Bridgestones and they are still on my truck, they are very good imo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I remember when I first got it I went off-roading after football practice/games, every weekend, just to have fun. I remember being the only 2wd truck when my friends who owned trucks had 4wd but always got stuck and relied on my 4Runner to pull them out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I do miss off-roading but the one thing I hated was cleaning my truck up.
    So I finally graduated highschool, funny story, I had learned about defeating the VSC/ABS on my truck so I tried it out once at this church thing I did brake stand there in 1st then took off, pissed of the head master and other members at the school and then at the school when I was going home. That was such fun. During the time off before I started my first semester of college I worked hard to get as much money as I could and finally came to a cross road. Buy an ARB bumper for my truck with FJ springs and shocks or buy the APR X1. I went for the APR X1!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    So now I started college. I attend UTSA and their engineering program. Lucky some of my good friends from highschool also go to UTSA but they are in different fields. This is my good friend, Denno, 4runner. This was at the 1604 campus.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This was the view from my conversions class at downtown.
    [​IMG]
    So after some time I went for sport edition headlights. They are tinted chrome instead of regular chrome, I like that. As well I installed my URD fuel pump with lots of help from my friend Torspd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In the pursuit of making the most power I upgraded from my K&N intake to an AFE intake, as well as the NST intake manifold spacer.
    [​IMG]
    Then came my long tubes, here they are nice and pristine!
    [​IMG]
    And on Lucario! Not the best pic I know.
    [​IMG]
    Next was my Limited grill and my painted mirrors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then came my oil psi and temp guages.
    [​IMG]
    I still have lots more to sort threw both on my laptop and on photobucket. I'll keep updating. One thing I will say is that I love my truck as it has always been an adventure. Learning more and more about in and outs of vehicles, meeting new friends that share the same passion as I do, improving my skills as a driver both in auto x and the drag strip, using it as a benchmark to see what works and what doesn't. I am very happy with my trucks progress as well as my own.

#1 1GRracer, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  2. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Side scrolling......ahhhhhh..Lol

I just realized that your grill was paint matched. Huge difference. :top:

How about some of the interesting things that you have been working on? o_O

3. BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk New Member

Nice man! I'm still trying to find time to put in my fuel pump :(

4. 1GRracer

1GRracer "Pete"

Here's my gauges installed as well as my LED upgrade to match my autometers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my co driver Lucario!
    [​IMG]
    Braking is the most important safety feature we have on any vehicle and I wanted to upgrade since I was far surpassing the standard setup. First came stoptech pads for road use and Carbotech pads for track. Problem is that I get lazy so I leave the Carbotechs on so they dust like crazy and can be very noisy at certain times on the road. I also upgraded the brake lines with stoptech ones as well at DOT4 fluid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Suspension came to upgrade as well. I have poly bushings for my front and rear sway bars from LC Engineering and have also installed my lateral control arm bushings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has taken ALOT of fine tuning on my end to get the truck as well as it performs. I used to get stuck open rich codes ALL THE TIME, until I made some fine tuning, now everything is just right.
    Now I have never dyno'd my truck as I get the "we don't work on foreign vehicles" or "why would you dyno a 4runner" thing in my city. But now since we tested out a product from NST I now know thanks to my friend Torspd. Personally I'm VERY happy with the power I make, now if only I was lighter....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 1GRracer, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  5. Toon714

Toon714 New Member

Looking good bro!
    Me need cluster mod to all red. :)

6. 1GRracer

1GRracer "Pete"

In due time my friend. I just gotta make the right connections either here in San Antonio or in Houston to get my side mods rolling instead of sitting in my room. I do love my color matched grill, I might try and color match and RGM the old grill I have.
    These are some old pics from back in the day messing around in photoshop I found.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#6 1GRracer, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  7. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

ok someone needs to get some pics of that blue nsx as it keeps popping up in pics taken at power fab

8. Toon714

Toon714 New Member

^ that nsx has no motor or suspension on it at the moment.
    very nice widebody kit on it.

9. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

I love that Lucario Charecter. that thing is Sweet.........Power to the T4R's!!!!!!!!!!

10. turbomach1

turbomach1 Member

Love that NSX beside it on the dyno

11. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Holy smokes that 4Runner driver was out for the win no matter what!!!!

Next favorite video, by far, is the one against the Mustang GT. I love the spectator comment. ROFL!!!

12. Ccaruolo

Ccaruolo New Member

sick build man, love the 4runner! used to have an 04 4runner with the 4.7L

13. 1GRracer

1GRracer "Pete"

Thanks guys, yeah only thing that broke on that guys 4runner was the rear bumper, guy drove it home after that. Freaking incredible. Notice how it looks almost like mine exactly?:wink:

14. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

I wonder where that pic was taken from. The one with the RR Taco.

15. 1GRracer

1GRracer "Pete"

Both RR trucks are at APR hq. The one with stockers is the APR truck while the other one is Coupes that was in for the T-56.

16. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

I thought ive seen that pic before....Cool man..nice u did a build thread.. Hows the truck been runnin??

17. picaCulo

picaCulo New Member

wow this is one sick 4 runner

18. 1GRracer

1GRracer "Pete"

Thank you very much!:smile:
    Truck is running fantastic and very soon should be running even better.

19. Ridefoxone

Ridefoxone Member

[​IMG]Nice build! Yes we loved our 4runner also:top:Thought I'd share some pics of my wife's 4[​IMG]th gen.She was driving that day and I was wheeling my FJ..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#20 Ridefoxone, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012