Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Build

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we narrowed down the proper seat today. ;)

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Yeah, full bucket seats. Picked up some goodies at tx2k thanks to some persuasion from certain people.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Looks good with the new rims.... But why didn't you go with a bigger rim?...Increasing your rim height, and therefore decreasing your sidewall height would have done WONDERS in increasing steering response, high-speed grip/stability.

Now this all assuming your not just gonna lower your tires overall height at run a shorter tire setup... And lowered her about 6"'s...She would look amazing. :wink: If so...carry on :crinklehair:
There are only 4 plus size wheels I would consider buying for Lucario. The factory limited 18's
84065d1363802491-275-70-18-wheels-sale-trade-08-toyota-4runner-3.jpg

Volk TE37's
8-2-162808.jpg

Gram lights 57jx6
121-2-113516.jpg

And the Forgeline st3p (20in)
product_photo-xlarge_image-94.jpg

While they may improve the handling characteristics of Lucario I think the perfect wheel for me is a powder coated factory oem sport wheel.
83387d1363005174-17-wheels-black-oem-stock-sale-20130310_123842.jpg

A good compromise between my personal style and handling balance imo. At this point I do miss looking at my OEM wheels so I'm going to remount my tire back on my oem wheels. I have plans for my aftermarket wheels. :top:
looks good man, time to throw a drop on it! lol.
In the words of Torspd "NEVR"
One day I might br able to persuade him into some 18x9's.......
perhaps but the te37's are 18x8, I think.
Anyway for the updates. I have been busy saving up and modding but some of the new mods include an AEM afr gauge.

A coupe TRD battery tie down.

And these bad boys......

Those are 275/40/rz17 so while my truck will look like shit rolling on those tires, due to being too small, hopefully they will net faster lap times.
I will mount them on my current wheels.

I have also been looking at getting an OS giken diff however since they make the a diff for 3 different fj axles I have to find the right part number of the axle that is similar to mine and send that number to os giken. So hopefully I can finally have an lsd.

Last edited:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I am the anti vip, slammed, and stance kind of person so I'm glad to see the st3p in 18in.

Gadget

Reaction score
Very nice.

Tip, never run a wire down hill and then into the interior.

Run it below the point of entry then back up. You can loop it and tie with a wire tie.

This is called a drip loop. When water gets on the wire it will run down to the lowest point of the loop and drip off. If you have running straight in, that is where the water goes too....

G

easts1d3

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip!

I have never really thought of that before, it makes a lot of sense

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I think it looks nice. Anyway those are what I consider good looking wheels. I am not aware of any other wheels out there in six lug form that i would like on my truck. feel free to add suggestions. But for now back to the stock set up. :smile:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Found this pic awhile this was back on stock sways, this was also my first time on a road course. :)
487162_3010954731760_1669940312_n_zps644892a5.jpg

This coming weekend I will pick up my slicks and have my truck prepped for coilovers. Torspd forward me some info that'll allow me to keep my stock ride height but have the added benefits of stiffer springs and other goodness. Price isn't bad but I'll need something for the rear and luckily they also offer a solution for that as well.

Top Bottom