Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Rotrex Supercharger. YARIS!

Xample

Reaction score
ohh god thats funny 4 gerbils on crack...rofl

drdoom

Reaction score
lol 4 gerbils you guys are harsh funny as hell though :laugh:

07SWB

Reaction score
cmon Rob, where are the pics of this "beast"

cant exactly call a yaris a beast...

get it right Nigel, they arent gerbils anymore, hes got rats in that thing!

ddongbap

Reaction score
I got it installed. I can't find my cable that connects my camera to my laptop. I'll have pictures (I hope) by today.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Okay, here are some pictures. I'll post em in this thread, as well as update my first post.

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00239.JPG

DSC00240.JPG

DSC00241.JPG

DSC00242.JPG

DSC00243.JPG

DSC00244.JPG

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ddong, I know the guys rib you a lot and you take it like a champ --- but in all sincerity, damn I'm sad we lost you as an XR owner.

Xample

Reaction score
does it rip? it's gotta make the car highway mergable now?? keep us updated with the nitty gritty of this. who produced this urd?

Gadget

Reaction score
Nice setup.

I do see one thing that needs to be corrected right away or the supercharger will likely fail very soon.

There are two oil pumps in the unit. A pressure pump that supplies the oil to the internal workings of the supercharger. The other is a scavange pump that removes the oil from the unit and pumps it out to the oil cooler and back to the defoaming tank.

This is like a dry sump system found in engines. For the scavange pump to work correctly the recovery sump must be properly positioned.

There is a flat side of the supercharger. That must be installed facing downward so the oil will collect in the sump for the scavange pump.

I can see that it is not properly mounted due to the position of the oil line fittings. This is simple to correct. Just demount the unit and rotate it to the proper clock position and remount it to the bracket. You will likely have to reclock the snail. This is done by removing the three very small allen headed cap screws from the front and rotate the snail to the proper position and reinstall the the three cap screws and remount the unit to the bracket.

Here is a link to the data sheet for that supercharger model:

http://www.rotrex.com/pdfs/Rotrex_Technical_Datasheet_C15_Range_V4.0

It is also hard to make out, but I think you have the oil lines installed wrong. The oil fitting labled "IN" must be connected to the bottom of the defoaming tank. It appears that you have the "IN" line coming back from the cooler. It looks like you have the oil "OUT" Fitting connected to run to the top of the tank. The top tank fitting should be connected to the line returning from the cooler.

The correct routing should be bottom of the tank to THROUGH the filter to the IN port on the supercharger. Then from the OUT port to the cooler and then back to the top of the tank.

Here is a link to the document with the correct oil system routing, look on page 5:

http://www.rotrex.com/pdfs/Rotrex_Setup_and_maintenance_leaflet_V4.3.pdf

Gadget

Last edited:

ddongbap

Reaction score
Nice setup.

I do see one thing that needs to be corrected right away or the supercharger will likely fail very soon.

There are two oil pumps in the unit. A pressure pump that supplies the oil to the internal workings of the supercharger. The other is a scavange pump that removes the oil from the unit and pumps it out to the oil cooler and back to the defoaming tank.

This is like a dry sump system found in engines. For the scavange pump to work correctly the recovery sump must be properly positioned.

There is a flat side of the supercharger. That must be installed facing downward so the oil will collect in the sump for the scavange pump.

I can see that it is not properly mounted due to the position of the oil line fittings. This is simple to correct. Just demount the unit and rotate it to the proper clock position and remount it to the bracket. You will likely have to reclock the snail. This is done by removing the three very small allen headed cap screws from the front and rotate the snail to the proper position and reinstall the the three cap screws and remount the unit to the bracket.

Here is a link to the data sheet for that supercharger model:

http://www.rotrex.com/pdfs/Rotrex_Technical_Datasheet_C15_Range_V4.0

Gadget
Yea. I had talked to Power Enterprise the day after the install, and already made those corrections. Those pictures were taken the day of the install. I guess the charger was shipped to me with the housing mounted off by a bolt. I'll put some updated, with pulley pictures up pretty soon.

ddongbap

Reaction score
ddong, I know the guys rib you a lot and you take it like a champ --- but in all sincerity, damn I'm sad we lost you as an XR owner.
Naw, I know. Even with the ribbing, I haven't even posted this much information on the Yaris forums.

Joking aside, you guys are great.

trd_sport

Reaction score
:laugh: That's awesome man...we need some vids and sound clips though:top:

blazinx

Reaction score
thats fn sweat and ya we need some vids and sound clips

ddongbap

Reaction score
I should be getting tuned after the new years. I'm keeping my revs under 3.5k.

Top Bottom