Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My TRD photoshoot

shook

Reaction score
Been a while since I did a good photoshoot but since the truck is finally complete, I felt it deserved some new pictures. This is my street version of the TRD XRunner,after alot of time and even more money, I can honestly say its just the way I want it :top:

trdshk.jpg

trdshk15.jpg

trdshk16.jpg

trdshk3.jpg

trdshk2.jpg

trdshk14.jpg

trdshk11.jpg

trdshk13.jpg

trdshk4.jpg

trdshk5.jpg

trdshk10.jpg

trdshk6.jpg

trdshk7.jpg

trdshk12.jpg

trdshk8.jpg

trdshk9.jpg

Yea, so I took alot of pictures, AND WHAT !? haha hope you guys enjoy it because I sure as hell do :top:

RossK35

Reaction score
That wheel is just dope! Better hope you don't find it missing and in my truck! LOLOL!

Tapp

Reaction score
SEXY TRUCK!!!!! :rockon:

i have always been a fan!!!

BTW, what camera do you use for those sick pics?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
More details on the steering wheel swap!! Where you able to make the airbag functional? installation issues?

Glad to see somebody finally go through it. Last time that subject was around was when Dog was looking into doing it.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Always have been one of my favorites, Shook!!! Great pics, and I do believe Im envious of that steering wheel :wink: I remember many questions on it, and looks like you got it done!

ntinhri

Reaction score
I LOVE THE STEERING WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! write up!!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Huge fan of the steering wheel! Very nice Shook!

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Wow!!! I didn't catch the wheel at first but man is it sick. Details please. Also great shots of your truck.

RossK35

Reaction score
More details on the steering wheel swap!! Where you able to make the airbag functional? installation issues?

Glad to see somebody finally go through it. Last time that subject was around was when Dog was looking into doing it.
The airbag doesn't work, because it uses a dual stage setup meaning there's 4 wires instead of 2. The other thing you have to remove is a clock spring that contains the wires for the airbag and horn. The base of the wheel is slightly bigger then the stock wheel, so it won't fit into the opening of the clock spring. You could probably modify it to fit, but its just easier to remove it. The horn also doesn't work because thats missing so he just added a switch on the dash for it.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Nice shots! :top:

It's about time someone finally put that steering wheel in!

shook

Reaction score

The wheel does have the airbag but like Kyle said, I didnt want to attempt to wire it up. I "think" it would work if you hooked up both stages to the single stage airbag in the wheel,the airbag trigger is nothing but a negative and a positive trigger, but I just didnt want to chance it. There's 4 different types of TRD SRS Steering wheels, Types A,B,C and D. From what I hear the all black, black/blue, black/red, and black/yellow are either types A/B/C. The only difference is the horn and/or airbag plug, the hubs and splines are all the same. The rare black/silver are type D, the type D wheel has a different hub and was actually made for the newer Toyotas. The black/silver wheel might have a hub closer to our clockspring hub and might work,. Its so worth it to have this rare, discontinued wheel in such great shape with all the plugs and airbag still intact, I swear, it gives the truck such a sportier look and feel. Im taking this wheel with me if I ever sell the truck and being that Im a Toyota guy, Ill always have a place to put this sexy wheel :top:

Also, thanks everyone for the compliments

KETCHUP

Reaction score
man bro! my words can't express. BA brotha!! :top:

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Nice shots Shook, nice and sharp. The rim shots are :top:

shook

Reaction score
SEXY TRUCK!!!!! :rockon:

i have always been a fan!!!

BTW, what camera do you use for those sick pics?

The camera I used was the Canon Powershot SD780IS and touched them up a little with Photoshop, nothing major though, the little camera actually takes really nice pictures compared to my old camera.

Top Bottom