Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My truck has BOOST!

Gadget

Reaction score
Did you disconnect any fuel lines for any reason?

If so, they are those "quick disconnect" types and have O-rings inside of the plastic connectors.

You should always lube the part you are sticking into the connector, the male part, so that it will slide into the O-ring without screwing it up.

Then there is a plastic safety clip that goes over the whole connection as a secondary thing to keep the fuel line from pulling off of the male part.

Lets hope it is something real simple like the return line just is not snapped all the way onto the fuel pressure regulator.

G

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Edit: We did disconnect the clips on the fuel lines connecting to the fuel rail.

Last edited:

5000XD

Reaction score
You should always lube the part you are sticking into, the male part, so that it will slide into the O without screwing it up.

Are you kidding me G? :laugh:

By the way I just send you a mail. I got a set of rusty bolts, hopefully the stainless steel bolt will show up eventually so I can replace it.

Coupe

Reaction score
No fuel lines were disconnected or removed from the truck, just the fuel rail to add the new APR "T" adapter next to the fuel pressure regulator. Thanks.

That's not true. The clips that G is talking about were unfastened and the fuel rail was removed. This will be what gets checked when you and Grumpy pull off the top of the blower. From your descriptions so far, it is probably these clips or one of the fuel injectors are not seated properly.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Those connections weren't the culprit. It was securely fasten with both cover snap in, dry as a bone. It was disconnect & reconnect again as part of double checking while the S/C unit was remove.

#6 injector o-ring were found to be defective. O-ring was swap with stock injector and relocate to the passenger side. Start up and gave it a good run, no more gasoline smell.:smile:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
That's not true. The clips that G is talking about were unfastened and the fuel rail was removed. This will be what gets checked when you and Grumpy pull off the top of the blower. From your descriptions so far, it is probably these clips or one of the fuel injectors are not seated properly.

I misunderstood what G was referring to. Yes, your are absolutely correct Coupe. You were also right about the issue being one of the injector o-rings.

Took us a few hours but Grumpy and I got to the source. As he stated, it was a bad o-ring on the #6 injector. We swapped the o-ring with one that came from the stock injectors and re-installed the leaking injector to the front of the rail on the passenger side. I'm happy to report there is no more fuel leak or smell. :top:

I'll keep a nose on it over the next few days just to make sure. I can't thank everyone enough for their help, Grumpy, thanks for saving the day again.

Next on my mod list is better lighting in my garage. :laugh:

Coupe

Reaction score
I am glad you got it fixed.

Was it the oring at the fuel rail or the seal at the manifold?

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Coupe, it was the o-ring on top of the injector at the fuel rail. It had a dimple in it. Small but I guess that enough for fuel to escape. Got your PM by the way.

Coupe

Reaction score
Probably the safe bet is to replace them when swapping out the injectors. I did not notice a flat spot, when I installed them.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
^ I would recommend people inspect them carefully. It wasn't a flat spot Coupe, more like a scarring along the top. I kept the bad o-ring in case you wanted to look at it down the road.

Coupe

Reaction score
Orings are cheap. Compared to the time to fix them, it would be cheap insurance to replace them when swapping out injectors.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Agree. These were new and came with the 425 trd injectors. Morale of the story is don't trust them to be good without a good look at them. Keep a few extra new ones on hand in case you need to replace them before installation.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
So far so good today. I really enjoyed my commute to work today aside from the rain. Haven't gone WOT yet but it is so tempting. Truck runs very well and gets up to speed without much effort. I was smiling all the way to work.

Looking forward to the dyno soon.

I guess the noise at idle is normal, right? Not sure how to describe it other than metal gurgling.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably is. If you started it all back up when Grumpy was over, and he didn't hear anything, then you should be just fine.

Maybe you and I can get our dyno's done on the same day...

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
I'm sure it's the normal noise TRD warns you about in their install guide. When are you doing yours? Good idea.

5000XD

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers guys, I'm installing this weekend :crinklehair:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
^ Hey, good luck! Take your time. Don't forget to buy 2 gallons of pink coolant. And check those o-rings!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's the normal noise TRD warns you about in their install guide. When are you doing yours? Good idea.

Who knows, I might just do it next weekend. As long as all checks out well after the 3rd member install.

We are also supposed to be doing Britt's headers next weekend :biggrin:

5000XD

Reaction score
I did my headers last weekend with my dad, it was a PITA. Those stupid o2 harnesses kicked our ass lol. After that the hangers that hold up the headers kicked us around some more. In the end it was pretty much worth it and love the sound of the truck.

Top Bottom