Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mysterious (belt?) squeak, TOB sqeak & grinding

VancouvXR

Reaction score
Hey guys I know lots of people have had isses with the throw out bearing. Mine squeaks when the clutch is slightly pressed right at the engage point. I don't have warranty any more. Now my question is should I go in and get it fixed asap or if I leave it can something much more serious go wrong? What options do I have for eliminating the sound?

Another issue I'm having is what sounds like a belt sqeak that only happens during idle and after the truck has warmed up. It seems to be coming from sort of the rear engine/under the front of the cab area. Any ideas what this is?

Also when I shift from high rpm's in first to second sometimes my gears grind, but almost always it requires some effort to put it into second. Is this just cause our tranny's suck or should I upgrade my clutch or?

Thanks for your help and any insight will be greatly appreciated! :top:

butters607

Reaction score
The squeak is probably all throwout bearing and URD offers the tsk45 tob kit that fixed mine as for the gear grinder what transmission fluid are you running?

VancouvXR

Reaction score
Thanks, is the tsk45 difficult to install? And I have no idea, whatever the previous owner was running which is likely stock fluid since the mileage was so low when i got it, I have only had the truck for 11 months but ya I'm thinking I should change the fluid and see if that fixes it. Suggestions on best tranny fluid?

butters607

Reaction score
Redline tranny fluid there is a ton of threads on it mt-90. The tsk is easy to install just POP the tranny out grease the input shaft and slip the sleeve on and tighten it very easy and well worth it if the bearing is bad and it gets real bad it can chew the snout of your tranny up

VancouvXR

Reaction score
Thank You! do you have any idea what the belt sqeaking sound is? i hear it when im just sitting idling both with clutch depressed and not pressed in at all

butters607

Reaction score
The throwout bearing will do that if it is bad enough..... Start therw then if the noise is still there start searching....

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I have Motul oil in my transmission, rear end and engine. Super expensive but worth it in my mind. I have 41K km on my truck and I have already changed the transmission oil twice. I would rather do it too soon than have problems that could have been avoided. Tranny shifts silky smooth. :top:

VancouvXR

Reaction score
Alright thank you sir! :top:

While I'm at it, should I change the rear diff oil too?

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Alright thank you sir! :top:

While I'm at it, should I change the rear diff oil too?

I did... better safe than sorry. I haven't drifted with the new rear end oil so I can't give you a review. Winter tires are too expensive:thumbdown:

VancouvXR

Reaction score
haha yea tell me about it, i'm just gonna get rides everywhere when it snows.
So for the TOB do I have any other options other than the URD tsk45?

butters607

Reaction score
haha yea tell me about it, i'm just gonna get rides everywhere when it snows.
So for the TOB do I have any other options other than the URD tsk45?

Nah thats the only one of its kind I think

Top Bottom