Name this part: SS Kit?

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by Tom2769, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Tom2769

Tom2769 Member

Okay, when I was under the truck a while ago, I snapped this pic. Does this spacer indicate my truck came with a short shift kit? If so, can anyone ID which brand from the picture? I purchased the X with a TRD SC already installed, so maybe the prior owner also opted for a TRD SSK? For those who can't place this, you are looking at the base of the shifter on top of the transmission...What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Adapter spacer for the short shift kit.

3. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

My guess is an URD.

The picture is not clear enough. If the spacer is cast it is a TRD. If it is machined aluminum it is either an URD or a NST.

If you pull out the shifter, there could be an extension bolted onto the bottom of the shifter. If so, it is either an URD or an NST. URD has 1/4-28UNF threaded set screws that hold on the extension and NST used metric set screws. I think M6

Pull out the shifter and I can tell you what you have.

4. Tom2769

Tom2769 Member

Thanks Coupe, I am traveling and not near the truck right now. when I get back I'll take a look and see what I can determine based in your info. I should be able to tell with the info you provided - if not, I'll shoot you a pic.

Much appreciated.