Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help with car audio!!

bluuge

Reaction score
having some issues with my audio system and I can't figure s*%^ out.. the sub (12" L7) is barely hitting. I have my settings on my head unit to +6 and still barely anything. this monster should be boomin, and it has in the past. something for sure isn't right. any suggestions?

this is what I'm working with.

image-2242566166.jpg

image-615117594.jpg

image-1233609364.jpg

ntinhri

Reaction score
Dual voice coil? Sounds like you have the + and - crossed up... Whats the specs on your speakers?

this should help
Dual Voice Coil Wiring Options

The following diagrams are the most popular wiring configurations when using Dual Voice Coil woofers. They show a typical single channel wiring scheme. Check the amplifier's owners manual for minimum impedance the amplifier will handle before hooking up the speakers. Remember: 4 ohm mono is equivalent to 2 Ohm stereo.
CVR_DVC_wiring_1or2_1.jpg

CVR_DVC_wiring_1or2_2.jpg

CVR_DVC_wiring_1or2_3.jpg

CVR_DVC_wiring_3or4_1.jpg

CVR_DVC_wiring_3or4_2.jpg

Lastly what settings is your amp on?

Last edited:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Yeah it does sound crossed. My brother gave me a sub and box and thought for sure it was bloen because it would hardly play. So once i got to lookin some of the wires where crossed up. Once fixed BOOM BOOM.

bluuge

Reaction score
I wish I could tell you haha but I'm a noob when it comes to this shit. here's a pic of it. but it's not a new install... it's worked fine for the 8months I've had the truck.

image-849544476.jpg

ntinhri

Reaction score
well turn flipping speaker wires... try that.. pr PRINT the pic I posted and go validate how you have it hooked up

rich017

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the sub or amp is done since it just started doing this. What HU are you using? Also check your gain

Last edited:

bluuge

Reaction score
using a avn6600...

ok so here's what I did...

image-584206347.jpg

this is how it was wired when I took it out. a wire from red/white dot to red. then another wire to black/white dot to black. looking at the diagrams, I determined that it was wired for dual 4ohm wired at 2ohm parallel... Everything seems good and connected, so I don't know what else to try.

Red_Hott

Reaction score
i think its the dirty engine mod thats affecting it

Top Bottom