Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help with key program

Reaction score
I bought an x runner couple years ago to fix and sell. Long story short, i lost the key and need someone in the Las Vegas area to put my ecu in their truck and get a key programmed. I'll be happy to show you the title and compensate you. thank you
PHP:

STONER-X

Reaction score
I don't think it works like that... don't quote me but i think the ecu is vin specific... I think you will have to take the truck to Toyota. ??? I think it is a pita

Hopefully I am wrong

justin13703

Reaction score
I don't think it works like that... don't quote me but i think the ecu is vin specific... I think you will have to take the truck to Toyota. ??? I think it is a pita

Hopefully I am wrong

You're right, you can't swap ecu's from truck to truck like that without having it at a toyota dealership and re programmed for an obscene amount of money.

Toyota Tech

Reaction score
You mean pull the immobilizer ecu and swap it? Toyota tells us under no circumstances to ever do this. I took a class on smart key / immobilizer. They say it will cause a serious headache you don't want basically. That being said there is a way to do it, but they do not provide instructions / repair manual information on this because they again do not want us doing it. They want us to put new parts in if need be and there are very specific instructions for the first time you turn on a new ECU.

All that being said... Locksmiths know some "backdoor secrets" that even us mechanics don't, might want to try calling around. To give you an idea where I work its 405$ labor plus a key. Only plus side is its the same labor for just a key, or multiple keys and fobs. I have heard of locksmiths doing it for 100$ + key. Hope this helps

Toyota Tech

Reaction score
And again to be clear, you llost all your keys and want a new one right? That's the end goal?

Top Bottom