Need HELP!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Discussions' started by nick_gz1, Mar 31, 2019.

1. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

So I got my truck detailed on Friday and they used a degreaser and cleaned the whole engine bay. They proceeded to call me to tell me that my truck won't shut off, I show up to the detailer and the truck is running with no key in it. I used the kill switch to power it down. Been like that since. Today i'm driving down the freeway and it just powered down on me. The battery is working, everything turns on but the engine won't turn over. Sometimes it does for a couple of seconds and then bogs out. Not sure if they fucked something up or it just coincidentally happened while being at the detailer. I installed the URD supercharger a month or so ago so I was thinking maybe a UCON issue. I plan on calling Gadget and the crew tomorrow but in the mean time just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

thewarriordinghy likes this.
  2. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Never heard of that before.

There is one main relay that powers all the thing the engine needs to run. I think it is the EFI relay. I think you may have one that is bad or maybe your ignition switch is bad.

nick_gz1 likes this.
  3. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

Thanks Gadget!

4. spicciani2

spicciani2 Member

Love that customer support!

nick_gz1 likes this.
  5. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

Gadget is the best!

nick_gz1 likes this.
  6. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

Just an update...Truck still isn't running. Toyota is saying they "can't" diagnose the problem because of the UCON and they think that's the problem. Gonna pull it this weekend and mail it back to Gadget for a diagnostic. Hopefully we can figure this out and get my truck back on the road.

7. mejbro

mejbro Member

Good luck!

nick_gz1 likes this.
  8. GT7

GT7 New Member

You must be joking around. I called you in may of last year with this EXACT issue with my ucon. I called again and sent it to you. In may 2018. Still havent gotten it back? You had my address on the box?

@Gadget pm please. Never can get you on the phone or email in this last year and have left voicemails

#8 GT7, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  9. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

He has never PMed on this forum. You'll have to call or email. I'm very surprised to hear you can't get him on the phone. He's answered almost every single time I've called him. Call URD and select Tech Support.

10. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Would really like to get to the bottom of this. Please contact me support@URDUSA.com or 877-887-3872 x3

11. radracer_x

radracer_x Member

Could be fuel pump. Sounds similar to what happened to me. So yours stock? I had to upgrade mine.

12. nick_gz1

nick_gz1 Active Member

I upgraded my fuel pump. The gauge don't read properly so I may have messed something up on that end too, i don't know.

Yea Gadget has literally answered everytime I called. Should be getting the UCON out this weekend. Been crazy busy with work. smh...

13. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

I have spoken to this customer. His issue was totally different than the OP. His issue was an O2 sensor issue causing the engine protecting Guardian Function to engage depowering the engine.

URD has never seen a case before where someone could shut the key off and remove it and the engine stays running.

GT7 and nick_gz1 like this.
  14. blackote

blackote Member

Unless you have a turbo timer:p:p:p:D

I've never had any issues trying to get in contact with Gadget either.... I even called out of a whim 9pm PST needing help with wiring an old PSC1, and he picked up.. Probably one of the best companies I've ever dealt with

nick_gz1 and NHXRUNNER like this.