New BFG's

Discussion in 'OEM Wheels/Tires' started by lingenfelterm, Sep 18, 2015.

1. lingenfelterm

lingenfelterm Member

I got some new BFGOODRICH G-force Comp-2 A/S tires for my truck today. I run the stock rim with the Duplicolor Graphite wheel paint and tire size is the stock 255/45 R18. Tires were put on by Discount Tire Direct and they did a great job taking care of my painted wheels during the install. I had some Khumo Ecsta C's on it that were in pretty sad shape. I was torn between the Continental ExtremeContact DWS and these, but I decided to sacrifice a little winter traction to gain better overall cornering and handling ability, and better steering feel. I wanted an ultra high performance all season because I live in the Midwest and this is my daily driver all year long. First impressions are wow. They ride very nice and are much more quiet than my old rubber. They feel very grippy and look really nice on the truck. Also, they've got a really nice lip on the tire that will help protect the rim from any curb rash. I was looking for the best of all worlds and I think I found a happy medium. They were $814 installed and worth every penny so far... fingers crossed that they last the 45k miles they're rated for. Pictured is a quickie I took earlier and a stock photo. I'll try to get a better one tomorrow.

Attached Files:

#1 lingenfelterm, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. madtrucker

madtrucker Active Member

When I was at discount buying tires one of the guys, who works there, told me they got to go to the proving grounds and rag on a set of those tires and he was really impressed with them.

3. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

They look pretty grippy. My next set will be hankook RS3s for the track. I have a set of nitto motivo that handle pretty well in the rain

4. lingenfelterm

lingenfelterm Member

I really like the Nitto Motivos. They were one of the first tires I inquired about.

5. fuseaku

fuseaku Active Member

Dude! I bought and installed these exact tires on the exact day you had yours put on! lol How crazy is that!? The set I had on before my BFG's were the Continental Extreme Contact DW's, and I must say I like these BFG's so much more! Enjoy!

6. lamia2super

lamia2super Member

i put some hankook evos the other day and so far like them more than my nittos