Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new dyno numbers with TRD S/C

Gadget

Reaction score
You do know that those charts are guess what the crank shaft power is and not the wheel power right?

Gadget

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You do know that those charts are guess what the crank shaft power is and not the wheel power right?

Gadget

so its safe to assume its still around 300 HP at the wheel? What makes it guess what the crank HP is?

ntinhri

Reaction score
Acutally thats incorrect. They had a software upgrade and thats a typo. Per the owner of the shop (whos has had this unit for a while) this dyno measures true rear wheel power. that flywheel power at the top is a software glitch.. Mountain loin over on ct can explain more as he has used the same dyno, but this is what I was told. If any would like you can call and speak to brady (the shop owner) and he can explain it better as well.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Acutally thats incorrect. They had a software upgrade and thats a typo. Per the owner of the shop (whos has had this unit for a while) this dyno measures true rear wheel power. that flywheel power at the top is a software glitch.. Mountain loin over on ct can explain more as he has used the same dyno, but this is what I was told. If any would like you can call and speak to brady (the shop owner) and he can explain it better as well.

I can believe that. The Factory Pro Dyno we have in house that the techs use pretty much use all software correction to compute the variables during sweep and step testing. The unit has a "black box" that measures and dials the machine into the Dyno. The software algorithm then compensates for the loss of rotating mass when hooked directly up to the hub.

Jonathan

Reaction score
numbers are numbers. still showing 90 hp gain over full bolt ons, which is damn impressive. most people with your mods on a dynojet (before sc) were hitting low mid 200's, so i would think it would be RWHP:dontknow:

ntinhri

Reaction score
numbers are numbers. still showing 90 hp gain over full bolt ons, which is damn impressive. most people with your mods on a dynojet (before sc) were hitting low mid 200's, so i would think it would be RWHP:dontknow:
I agree other than your tires and wheels will subtract from your hp on a dynojet.

also check this out from the shops web site.. it make since.

35413.jpg
No other shop/tuner in Eastern Virginia can offer its customer with the type of service or capability that we can because of our
35450.jpg
Dynapack Chassis Dynamometer. The dyno is not just a tuning tool but a diagnostic tool as well. We've been able to find problems with certain area of the cars power band that customers weren't able to feel on the road, at the track or read on any inertia dyno. Our dyno allows us to tune for a smoother torque band therefore a faster smoother car on the track or the road.

What makes our dyno different from all the conventional roller dynos? The first and most obvious difference is the elimination of the tire to roller interface on a conventional roller dyno. The Dynapack eliminates this variable by using a hub adapter that provides a direct coupling to our Power Absorption Units. There can be no tire slip, no rolling resistance, and no chance of the vehicle coming off of the dyno at high speeds. Most roller dynos use ratcheting
35448.jpg
tie-down straps to attempt to hold the vehicle in position while being tested. If the straps are cinched down tightly, the tire has become loaded even further, in an unpredictable manner. While this may be good for enhancing traction, it changes the rolling resistance of the
tire - skewing the data further. Since these tie-down straps aren't perfect, the vehicle squirms around on the rollers - dramatically changing the tire drag during the run. If the vehicle is tested in two different sessions, the straps can't be set exactly the same way twice in a row. There have been cases where the ratcheting tie-down straps were loosened by two clicks and the measured power increased by ten horsepower. What if the straps stretches - either from run to run, or during the run itself? Dynapack eliminates these problems.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I am hoping to be in the 300s with my exhaust, an intake, and the TRD blower.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Cool. Its going to be fun with this 16-30 degree air during the day we have been having here. I live in a valley at sea level as well :top:

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
yeah the colder denser air = more boost :biggrin: :top:

thats why dude dyno'd 320 rwhp... he had another 1.5 lbs of boost over what jonathan had when he dyno'd

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
So with a stage II pulley, could it push the boost to high? Say if you are running an 8 PSI pulley, could you get 9-10 here?

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
Yes, my68ur8trd is running the same size pulley Spyder ran... Spyder was only getting 8 lbs of boost and my68ur8trd is getting over 9 lbs of boost
It's a lot colder in VA then AZ.. haha
You will notice a HUGE difference when it's cold as opposed to when it's hot, or even average.

When its cold outside my truck feels like my friend's vet before he supercharged it

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
properly tuned but 9psi is getting to the limits
one guy was running 12 lbs for quite a while right?

i definately wouldnt try that but yea 9 lbs is very do-able.. this TRD kit is VERY well tuned so 9 lbs shouldnt be a problem at all

utixrunner

Reaction score
one guy was running 12 lbs for quite a while right?

i definately wouldnt try that but yea 9 lbs is very do-able.. this TRD kit is VERY well tuned so 9 lbs shouldnt be a problem at all

he was running a turbo setup w/boost controller so I doubt he was at 12psi daily, but then again I could be wrong

2006nightrider

Reaction score
So with a stage II pulley, could it push the boost to high? Say if you are running an 8 PSI pulley, could you get 9-10 here?

Just having the smaller pulley doesnt classify it as a Stage II...

A URD Stage II is with an upgraded (smaller) pulley with other components such as headers, y pipe, & exhaust. At least thats what I interpreted when I was talking to Gadget...

Gadget can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong:dontknow:

Last edited:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Can these motors take 9 lbs?

sure,

but you have to understand. I dont drive like most people. The dyno will probably be one of the only days that Im at the rev limiter.

I super safe with my truck, if it wont tune properly, ill change it. Safety over performance.

I only see 9 at redline, im usually in the 5-7 range day to day. say 3/4 throttle

The TRD can push 9, but I dont think the computer will adjust enough to compensate for it, and a piggyback will be needed

Jon is out to prove me wrong though :wink:

Justin

Top Bottom