Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Front Suspension

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it has been a while since I've posted any new updates, so here goes.
We are pretty close to having the bugs ironed out. Great thanks to trd_sport for helping out with the first run coilovers. With the next set, we are only changing a couple of things, and then when Shane gets back in town, we can get started on those.
With time drawing closer on my truck being back up and running, my truck will be the test truck.
I am very excited about both of those.
As far as SS making a drop to go as low as the DJM, Heylookatthatblackxrunner has a thread about that. He is the one to question about those things.

ntinhri

Reaction score
are you 4x4? if so PLEASE dont lower a 4x4 PLEASE!!!

X-roller

Reaction score
Mamma.... torspd is going fast!!! :laugh: it's time to gain that hp that you have been losing with those big treads.... and your gearing will be back to stock!

trd_sport

Reaction score
I know it has been a while since I've posted any new updates, so here goes.
We are pretty close to having the bugs ironed out. Great thanks to trd_sport for helping out with the first run coilovers. With the next set, we are only changing a couple of things, and then when Shane gets back in town, we can get started on those.
With time drawing closer on my truck being back up and running, my truck will be the test truck.
I am very excited about both of those.
As far as SS making a drop to go as low as the DJM, Heylookatthatblackxrunner has a thread about that. He is the one to question about those things.
No prob:rockon: Its about time your truck is up and running!!!!!!! Gunna be a sick setup!!!! I cant wait to buy mine!!! O btw your old piston makes an awesome ashtray lol.
Hes gunna be faster and lower than you:eviltongue:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score

why not...MARK will be the 1st and only 4x4 XR...:rockon: if he can figure out a way to convert it to AWD...that would be sick...and almost guaranteed fastest tacoma out there...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
AWD asphalt tearing lowered Tacoma. Aka - Torspd.
There will be plenty of pics to go around. Trust me. This has been a long time in the works, and is finally playing out. Between finding appropriate wheels,the right person willing to attempt lowering coils, and building my truck up, it has been an adventure for sure. The coils are pretty much the last step. Everything else from here on out are minor details.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
so you need a new license plate frame i mean my other car is a warthog wont makes sense any more. my other car is a x-runner?

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Glad to hear things are progressing. If I can help with anything, let me know.

melon16

Reaction score
Hey if you guys want a second test truck I'm willing to try this drop out on mine...im not sure i want to use the prototype setup i had planned on for my truck because i dont want to pay the $$$ for the custom cv shaft centers....

Super Werty

Reaction score
random question

suppose I just wanted the composite leafs, will that work without the drop.. at stock height for the 4x4?

I may just be interested in the weight loss:top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
hay mark are you going to leave your mudders on the truck.... :biggrin: lol

dwntwnall4u

Reaction score
random question

suppose I just wanted the composite leafs, will that work without the drop.. at stock height for the 4x4?

I may just be interested in the weight loss:top:

Don't go too light in the rear, you need some weight back there for traction issues?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, the mudders are coming off. I know that the xrunner composites will fit up directly. So you will save quite a bit of weight swapping them out. I would talk to Shane first about those for our trucks first though.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I think the added weight of 4x4 wouldnt be so hot for the composites :dontknow: Unless they were steel, but steel is heavy :rolleyez:

ntinhri

Reaction score
lol Will is chasing 12's..... 4x4 weights gonna kill these guys... But I think a turbo setup will have them in some good power.. lets just hope we can advoid a 4.0 setup..

Top Bottom