New Here? READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!!

Discussion in 'New to the Underground' started by 2006nightrider, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Homemade

Homemade New Member

New to the group... still tryin to figure this out

2. RJDoute

RJDoute "My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"

Welcome to XRU! Any questions you have don't hesitate to ask. This is a non-flaming non-bashing forum, everyone here will be glad to help you out. :)

Be sure to update your profile with your location and year/color/modifications of your truck so everyone knows where you live and what you have done.

3. KaoticXR

KaoticXR New Member

Great info'
    , thanks

4. phfireman

phfireman Member

Loving my Xrunner so far

Hello to all just wanted to say that his forum is great the little I have been on it so far. I am the proud new owner of an 08 SWB Xrunner and I have to say I love it. This is my first sport type truck and I have fallen in love. I don't know if I will be doing to many mods right away since I have another project that I am working on at home. So far I have ordered some TRD seat covers and a set of Weathertech mats. Other than that, when I bought it the truck already had a cold air intake on it. I am looking to take some pictures once the weather cooperates. Hopefully once I am done with my big project (a 1950 Dodge 5 window pickup) I will be able to start working on the Xrunner.
    One project at a time. Anyways like I said great site and looks like a lot of good info.

5. butters607

butters607 New Member

when is the x-1 going to be available?

6. Murderface

Murderface New Member

Welcome the the Underground brotha:top: Any info u want to know about just ask any member u think can help u out or look at their post count and that may give u an idea of how long they've been on here and possibly know a thing or 2 about these trucks.

What's an X-1:dontknow:

#26 Murderface, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  7. phfireman

phfireman Member

Thanks a lot of nice trucks on here I will probably be looking for help every now and then, this is the newest vehicle I have ever owned, consequently the newest vehicle I will be working on. But life is an adventure live and learn.

8. brownbrown

brownbrown New Member

Holy crap this is a good thread. New member here.

9. 07BLACKXRU

07BLACKXRU New Member

Im just a noob, just purchased my 07 XRU, this seemed like a good place for help, and boy was i right

10. indyxr

indyxr New Member

Awesome job...

11. Redxxxgirl

Redxxxgirl New Member

Hi ya' newbie here yes a chick with a 2006 red X love my truck only ever see one other in my area cool to see the love for this hot little truck out there!

Flew to Florida to get my X it's stock And I drive it pretty much daily except when I'm on my scooter. Any one else had clutch issues? Some "service bulliten" fun. A first for me with any car let alone a Toyota!

#31 Redxxxgirl, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  12. madtrucker

madtrucker Active Member

You almost made it. You need to start a new thread, in this new to the underground. Your getting there. There have been some clutch issues. There is a site search bar, type in clutch and a whole bunch of stuff should come up. There is all kinds of info on this site. What kind of scooter? The Red X's are faster, don't tell anyone I said that. Oh and, Welcome to the Underground!

13. x8o8runner2012

x8o8runner2012 New Member

thanks, been on here for a while and didn't see this until now....

14. marcos

marcos New Member

New Ride

2005 Black stock x-runner 107,000 miles
    I want to get a top for the bed since I work Construction and carry tools. Any suggestions?

15. dcorn24

dcorn24 New Member

very nice post. An abundance of information

16. Aw10tacoma

Aw10tacoma New Member

Very helpful list

17. devan08

devan08 Member

New to XRU

Got an 08 XR back in 2010 here in VA, looking to meet up with other XRs in the area. All stock right now, want to learn more about mods to install real soon.

18. Blackfin

Blackfin New Member

Getting an x runner

Hello, Mike here. Joined the forum a few weeks ago and finally getting a truck.
    Started looking back in November, bought one and it turned that the frame had been cut and welded.
    I originally thought it was just a bad lowering job and thought perhaps it could be raised back up to stock heighth and properly aligned but there was alot of hidden damage there.
    The truck had a clean carfax with no accidents but this was clearly wrong and I believe it was misrepresented by the dealer.
    That truck had only 44,000 miles on it so I was taking a chance that I could fix it but the frame damage was not repairable.
    I contacted the finance company and they cancelled the loan with no repercussions to me...just alot of wasted time and effort on my part.
    Moving forward, I've found another blue x runner that I think will work out much better. I've already taken it to the Toyota dealer for a prepurchase inspection and other than three issues, the truck seems fine.
    The dealer says it needs a rack; seeping power steering fluid into the boots { just a little}, the drive shaft seal shows leakage {probably the truck has been sitting for awhile}, and the timing cover gasket has a visible leak. That one seems the most serious in the immediate.
    I believe it already has the B&M shifter installed...not positive which kit it is, but there is no free play between shifts..not much side to side wiggle and the shifts are very positive..no guessing.
    Anyway, I'm heading down to the dealer on Monday to see what kind of deal we can make.
    The truck has 87k miles on it, California truck, three owners, no accidents, all the plastics fit well, super clean inside and the car dealer has it listed online for 15,900.
    I'm going to try for 14,500 and a new set of tires.
    Thoughts/comments appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Mike

19. madtrucker

madtrucker Active Member

Go here http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3 Click on the start a new thread button, left corner. Give it a title. Like New to X or something, then copy paste your intro in there. And you'll get lot's of welcomes and feedback.