Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Here? READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!!

2006nightrider

Reaction score
2006nightrider's Manifesto

Before you start a new thread with your question, please take a few minutes and look through here to see if we have listed the answer.

Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions asked by new members:

FAQ: Complete X-Runner Specs
FAQ: Factory Paint Codes
FAQ: Serp. Belt Routing
FAQ: Performance Chips (will they work?)
FAQ: Throttle Body Spacers?
FAQ: Will new mods void my warranty?
FAQ: 05+ Factory Service Manual
FAQ: Parts Lookup
FAQ: Mod list abbreviations.
FAQ: Short Shifter Comparison
FAQ: Fluid Capacity/Types
FAQ: CEL Code Descriptions
FAQ: Bulb Sizes For the X-Runner (List)
FAQ: Adjustment of Headlights
FAQ: Exhaust Setups -- The official exhaust thread

FAQ - Suspension/Lowering Questions (<-- In this link are many suspension threads regarding drops, blocks, coils, airbags, alignment, etc...please browse over these threads to see if you question can be answered before starting a new thread)
FAQ: URD vs TRD Perf Facts
FAQ: AFR Readings N/A - F/I
FAQ: QA1 part #

FYI - 1GR-FE Engine code breakdown
FYI - Hid Color Comparison
FYI - Wheels and Tires (Factory OEM info)
FYI - Official Aftermarket Wheel and Tire Spec Thread (Aftermarket Size, Width, and Offset info)
FYI - OFFICIAL: Rear Fender Flare Paint Issue

For more FAQ's, please check out the "FAQ" section found HERE:

Listed below are the most used Do It Yourself mods/maintenance:

Write-Up: Black Headlight Mod
Write-Up: NEW Guage LED Change
Write-Up: Guage color change DONE!
Write-Up: Removing Front Plastic Piece
Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)
Write-Up: Transmission Fluid Change
Write-Up: Reset Maintenance Indicator
Write-Up: Cheap & Easy DTRL and Alternating Signal Mod!!!
Write-Up: Tinting Taillights
Write-Up: Black Tail light Mod (BTLM)
Write-Up: Disabling Seatbelt Buzzer
Write-Up: Recessed Grill mod
Write-Up: Longtube Header Install
Write-Up: Stock HU Color Change
Write-Up: Spark Plug Change
Write-Up: Painting Stock Rims
Write-Up: Painted Valve Covers
Write-Up: TRD Short Shifter Install
Write-Up: Electronic Fan Mod
Write-Up: Hood Scoop Mod
Write-Up: C2C Hood Struts Install
Write-Up: RS Type Hood Struts Install

Write-Up: How To Claybar

For more DIY mods, please visit our "How To" section found HERE.

REGIONAL SECTION:
Not sure about doing a mod yourself, and you need help from another member in your area? Then you should check out our regional section found
HERE. This section is used as a way to organize local meets, and to get help from other local XRU members.

AFTERMARKET/VENDOR SECTIONS:
If you are in the market for an aftermarket accessory, PLEASE support our local vendors!!! The XRU Vendor section can be found HERE.

X-IBIT SECTION (X-Runner pictures):
Still not sure about what to do first? Then check out our "X-ibits" section found HERE. This section is where other XRU members show off pics of their X. This section also has a couple of 'Color Specific' threads that are stickied at the top of the X-ibit section. This makes it easier to find pictures of the same color truck with different modifications.

For TSB information, click HERE.

For any concerns regarding Recalls or Updates, click HERE.

***Most Importantly*** --- XRU Rules/Guidelines. Please take a moment to review XRU's policies found HERE. We hope you enjoy your stay here...and welcome to XRU:rock:

**Disclaimer - This is for informational purposes only! XRU takes no responsibility for any parts damaged or bodily injury
as a result of modding. Please mod carefully and at your own risk**

I'm going to leave this thread open (for now) in case any other member feels that I may have missed something. Feel free to post what you think should be added to this post. This thread will remain "Stickied" in the 'I just got my X-Runner' section!

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I be a sad panda that the other thread got effed LOL

2006nightrider

Reaction score
BUMP!

New members....please look over the links in the first post before bumping old/random threads asking the same question multiple times in different sections.

If you have questions, make a thread (introduce yourself) and ask...we have tons of great members here that will be more then happy to give you great advice.

And if any other member here feels like I should add some more info to the first post, please post it up:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
I can't believed I missed this thread with all the great info right there! Good job putting it all together bro!

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Good job putting it all together bro!
Thanks John:top:

You should of seen it before...I had to remove the X-Runner product list (it's a list of EVERY aftermarket part available for the XR and a link to obtain that part; XRU vendor or not. We (the XRU staff) have been putting together for some time now).

Reason that list was removed was because while I was adding/editing more info...I realized I had too many characters for one post (XRU specifications I guess)...one day I'll finish it and re-post it into multiple posts.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. It's like an archive of an archive.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Maybe link all the how to? the how forums is dirty with a bunch of threads. A clean how section would be cool as well!

TRD-X

Reaction score
BUMP!

New members....please look over the links in the first post before bumping old/random threads asking the same question multiple times in different sections.

If you have questions, make a thread (introduce yourself) and ask...we have tons of great members here that will be more then happy to give you great advice.

And if any other member here feels like I should add some more info to the first post, please post it up:top:

Just put a lock on old threads so no one can bump them David.:top:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Nice job David, I appreciate the effort and I'm sure everyone else does too. :top:

ub2uc4

Reaction score
Pros and Cons for each year

I'm in the process of buying a X-Runner

I have searched through the website and I can't seem to find a thread about pro's and con's for each production year.

Does this thread exist or can someone help?

Top Bottom