Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Iphone 4 + Android & Friends

WHAT PHONE!?

• ANDROID PLATFORM FTW!!!!

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • IPHONE...

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • PALM OS!

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Some other phone...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Indeed, too late.

Not a whole lot of people share your opinion on the iphone or Mac. Look at the poll results

If it was your point to persuade me to believe the droid and pc platform in general was the best choice, this thread would not have done that. I dont understand why you think the "asshole" approach is going to help sell something, especially something you dont even sell.

If you really dont give a crap who buys what, you wouldnt have made this thread.

Give up Doug, you are the minority here. Join a droid forum and talk with other dweebs about your leet hacking droid app skillz.:laugh:

No need to angry... sheesh... but then again I would expect a MAC user to understand ;) :laugh:

We are an x-runner forum, and a young forum when it comes to being technical about anything. So I am not one bit surprised at the results.

I bet if you look at the ratio of iPhone vs Droid, it would be similar to those that buy a sports truck and race it.

Droid = those that race their trucks
iPhone = those that like the looks, and performance, but not too interested in competitive racing

Keep in mind i'm not saying all droid users race, and iPhone users don't, but based on a percentage of those that want more out of their purchase, to those who are content.

And looking at the poll, its almost a 5:1 iPhone vs Droid, which i would guess is pretty close to my reference above.

For those that want pretty and shiny, and something that is easy to use --> Apple
For those that want to get more out of what they have, which will require tech skills --> Other

The iPhone picked up a lot of hype when the original was released, and became a trend. Apple designs their products for, well to be blunt, a technologically inferior market base. They have dumbed down the system so much, that the user base generally lack all technical skills, because they rely so heavy on things do other things for them. Their slogan of "there's an app for that" is a prime example.

The most common phrase I hear is how easy the iPhone is to use.

90% of apple users will stay with apple because "its better". 90% of apple users have little to no technical skills.

These types of arguments are generally one sided, because of that reason alone. You have technical specs vs personal opinions. Which doesn't get anything accomplished.

The iPhone is very well the better choice for a lot of people, assuming it fits their needs. But as a professional in the IT industry, I won't ever own one, they are too limiting on what they can do, and not cost effective.

X-Pablo

Reaction score
I'm going to say Android, for the reason of more flexibility with apps, and being open source, personally I'm still stuck in the dark ages with a slow ass crackberry, i'm waiting for my contract to expire in late 2011, unless I eventually upgrade my phone with the same provider or buy out my contract. But in Canuckistan we highest the highest mobile / smartphone rates in the world.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
No need to angry... sheesh... but then again I would expect a MAC user to understand ;) :laugh:

We are an x-runner forum, and a young forum when it comes to being technical about anything. So I am not one bit surprised at the results.

I bet if you look at the ratio of iPhone vs Droid, it would be similar to those that buy a sports truck and race it.

iPhone = those that like the looks, and performance, but not too interested in competitive racing

Keep in mind i'm not saying all droid users race, and iPhone users don't, but based on a percentage of those that want more out of their purchase, to those who are content.

And looking at the poll, its almost a 5:1 iPhone vs Droid, which i would guess is pretty close to my reference above.

For those that want pretty and shiny, and something that is easy to use --> Apple
For those that want to get more out of what they have, which will require tech skills --> Other

The iPhone picked up a lot of hype when the original was released, and became a trend. Apple designs their products for, well to be blunt, a technologically inferior market base. They have dumbed down the system so much, that the user base generally lack all technical skills, because they rely so heavy on things do other things for them. Their slogan of "there's an app for that" is a prime example.

90% of apple users will stay with apple because "its better". 90% of apple users have little to no technical skills.

These types of arguments are generally one sided, because of that reason alone. You have technical specs vs personal opinions. Which doesn't get anything accomplished.

The iPhone is very well the better choice for a lot of people, assuming it fits their needs. But as a professional in the IT industry, I won't ever own one, they are too limiting on what they can do, and not cost effective.

First let me say I completely agree with everything you've said in this post. Apple generally markets to people who lack technical skills, otherwise you'd just buy a linux box and do whatever you wanted on it!

That being said, once you jailbreak the iPhone you get the best of all worlds. You get the iPhone's superior screen and touch-interface (strictly my opinion here), the feel of it in your hand and the low weight, PLUS you get the 'aftermarket' support. There are SO many jailbroken apps out there that turn the iPhone into anything but 'dumbed down'. That's why I have one, and as long as there are haX0rz who'll make stuff for my iPhone I will continue to be a customer. :top:

fuseaku

Reaction score

You've got to be joking! Do you realize how many people use Apple computers that actually have technical skills? Walk into any production studio and I bet you will find that they are using Macs. So I don't think saying that people who own Apple computers lack technical skills or use them because they are "dumbed down". There's a reason certain people prefer Mac over PC, and to me, the extra money I spent on my Macs has been well worth not having all the headaches you get with a PC. The argument will last forever, but I would throw that 90% figure out the window to be honest with you. Just sayin', not trying to sound like a p3nis.

PS. Klint is right about the Flash thing getting phased out and that it's really not a big deal that Apple can't and will never support flash. Apple had an article on their website not too long ago that discussed their reasoning behind the whole Flash ordeal. I was actually pretty pissed about the iPhone not being able to play Flash videos before I read the article, but now I understand why they don't and it makes perfect sense. It's a good article, you guys should read it.

08RR XRNNER

Reaction score
Hell yeah dude, it is a bit pricey...

The only thing that makes it acceptable for me is being able to tether my laptop through the droid to the verizon network where I get a DSL equivocal down and upstream speed.

SO its an air card (wireless modem) and a phone.

I only pay 80 something bucks a month though for unlimited data and the rest, which isnt TOO bad... BUT its not very good either... id like it to be less.

how do you do this??

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You've got to be joking! Do you realize how many people use Apple computers that actually have technical skills?

Whats the percentage of "technical" MAC people that actually design their computers and build them to fulfill the work they are going to use them for?

How many MAC users spec out and build/tune their machines?

lol since the world is dominantly PC based your percentages will be highly off anyway...

I don't think being able to edit video makes you a "technical" user to begin with - just a video producer who got a puter' for christmas (NAME THAT MOVIE!).

Apple is now using intel processors, boards, and chipsets designed for the PC; they are just magically more reliable inside of a MAC enclosure? lol.....

Your MAC is a PC in disguise running OSX dude!!!! YOU ARE USING PC HARDWARE!!!! Why? Because Apple decided their hardware COULDNT COMPETE and ISNT as powerful as Intel's PC products.

I can guarantee a custom built PC tuned to run at full potential will out perform and be more thermally stable then a MAC. Why? Because its not built of generic cheap crap to keep production costs down.

A windows PC configured incorrectly will be unstable and run like shit; OSX is pretty much idiot proof - thus stability.

Now... What about Unix or Linux installed on a PC? You know the platform that drives the majority of the servers and higher level networking equipment of the entire world.... The kind of server that this website is sitting on allowing us to chat. The kind of server that allowed people to Google and get here in the first place? Is a MAC better suited there too? Perhaps we need to change 95% of the hardware that runs the backbone of the entire internet lol.

You may be typing on your apple, but that data went through a grid of PCs to get here - and it made it ;).

Silly snow leopard...

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
What is the best Driod phone on Verison and why?

I think I will be picking one up real soon and a new iPhone...

G

Super Werty

Reaction score
Apple pre-sold over 600,000 iphones yesterday....crashing their sevrers:laugh::rock:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Dumb asses by the masses!

Dude! What the F**k is your problem?!?! It's one thing to state facts about different phones, computer's, etc., but to call all the people dumb asses cause they didn't get the phone you have...that's dumb!

Go on and keep thinking you own the best everything, but don't criticize others cause they're not like you. Jeeze!!! Everyone has their own taste and opinions. That's that!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Dude! What the F**k is your problem?!?! It's one thing to state facts about different phones, computer's, etc., but to call all the people dumb asses cause they didn't get the phone you have...that's dumb!

Go on and keep thinking you own the best everything, but don't criticize others cause they're not like you. Jeeze!!! Everyone has their own taste and opinions. That's that!

rofl take a chill pill man its just an expression, PUT THE REDBULL DOWN.

This thread is all about humorous debating between geeks and friends alike; at the end of the day its a cell phone and I don't care what you buy or what you do with it.

This is SERIOUS INTERNET BUSINESS.

I will argue FACT all day, but getting any viable facts out of a MAC user is like pulling teeth. :-O Uh-oh! Now you've done it... You have fudged the bucket and told me too many words to know!

Speaking about fact... You ever notice when a PC user starts stacking up hardware specs and common logistics the apple user clams up and goes "uhhh umm well uhhh umm.. its better just because!" with out any real comparative solid foundation to stand on?

Being serious though... This is just a thread to hang out in and have some fun going back and forth; don't get all emotional.

Will (super werty) would screw Steve Jobs in a second though, I KNOW IT!

P.S: I still think a bunch of people fighting tooth and nail and going out of there way spending hours to preorder and get a new cell phone (droid or iphone) is still dumb as hell.

Its kind of like when people herd up outside of walmart for Christmas and stampede a store security guard to death like a bunch of oxen; ridiculous really.

Last edited:

TreTuna

Reaction score
Well here's my take on this... Provided I just switched from AT&T to Sprint and purchased an HTC Evo. I like the iPhone but my decision was mainly because AT&T gets no service at the recording studio I work at and if I can't get service at work, it doesn't work for me.

The Android platform is great and offers a lot of flexibility, It just really does take a lot to take down an established platform like what Apple has. They have an app for everything you want to do and a lot more that you didn't know you wanted to. On the droid side, there are very few apps I've seen on the iPhone that are not offered, mainly apps for specialized things (Like Rev for iPhone). But then again the flexibility comes into play.

Take the video chatting that has been unveiled for the iPhone 4 and is big hype..... Sure it's nice, but damn sure limited. 2 biggest problems...1. iphone 4 to iphone 4 only, can't even chat with someone on a macbook pro? 2. Wi-Fi only.... Mainly a limitation of AT&T I'm sure, but with my droid I have 3 different video chatting programs right now, one of which being Skype, one of the biggest video-chatting services around. Oh, and I can use those anywhere I go...

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Well here's my take on this... Provided I just switched from AT&T to Sprint and purchased an HTC Evo. I like the iPhone but my decision was mainly because AT&T gets no service at the recording studio I work at and if I can't get service at work, it doesn't work for me.

The Android platform is great and offers a lot of flexibility, It just really does take a lot to take down an established platform like what Apple has. They have an app for everything you want to do and a lot more that you didn't know you wanted to. On the droid side, there are very few apps I've seen on the iPhone that are not offered, mainly apps for specialized things (Like Rev for iPhone). But then again the flexibility comes into play.

Take the video chatting that has been unveiled for the iPhone 4 and is big hype..... Sure it's nice, but damn sure limited. 2 biggest problems...1. iphone 4 to iphone 4 only, can't even chat with someone on a macbook pro? 2. Wi-Fi only.... Mainly a limitation of AT&T I'm sure, but with my droid I have 3 different video chatting programs right now, one of which being Skype, one of the biggest video-chatting services around. Oh, and I can use those anywhere I go...

AT&T better do something, their 3G service is TERRIBLE here and it seems many other places...

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I spent a lot of time checking out the iPhone, and in the end I stayed with Verizon and got the HTC incredible. I have to say its leaps and bounds over the iPhone. As for screen interface the HTC wins hands down there as well. DROID FTMFW!!!!

TreTuna

Reaction score
AT&T better do something, their 3G service is TERRIBLE here and it seems many other places...

Yeah, sucks that one of the best pieces of hardware in the phone industry is locked to one of the worst carriers imo. I would probably get the new iPhone if it wasn't for AT&T, though it would probably be only because most of the people I know are getting them just because they already have iPhones and I know they are scared of changing, even though I bet they'd be just as happy if not happier with a droid..

The way I see it though, within' 2 years all the cell phone carriers are upgrading the wireless networks anyway. This is also a reason I went with Sprint, whose 4g network will be up and running here in LA by the end of the year, while all other carriers lagging behind for the next year or two. By the time my contract runs out everyone should have 4g and new bad ass phones, and hopefully apple lets some other carriers grab hold of that nice piece of hardware. Oh, and hopefully they stop beind bastards and let me access my MobileMe account from my Droid and not just iPhones... Pisses me off when I pay them for that and I can't even access it from my mobile.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
zOMG!!!

The new Droid X is about to come out. How about 720p recording on a cell phone.

Apple User: Apple doesn't put all their eggs in the first basket, that way they have new stuff to release
Android User: We filled up our first basket, and went to get another ;)

New Features
iPhone 4 - Finally has LED Flash, its thin
Droid X - HD camera (720p recording), 8mp camera, 1GHz proc, 4.3" screen

I bet there are some users on XRU with laptops that have processors that are barely faster... 1.8GHz procs anybody?

The new Droid X is a bit larger. To some people they want smaller.. thinner, must not be used to big things in those front pockets. ;) lol (just messing apple guys)

Top Bottom