Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Nice truck! More videos please!! I want to see that thing at full throttle.

Ms.hottacoX

Reaction score
An SRT-10…very cool. The guys here also like to talk about fast trucks….I think you’ll fit in just fine here. :top: Welcome to the site. Have you thought of any interior upgrades using carbon fiber?

Boosted-SRT10

Reaction score
An SRT-10…very cool. The guys here also like to talk about fast trucks….I think you’ll fit in just fine here. :top: Welcome to the site. Have you thought of any interior upgrades using carbon fiber?

thanks, yes i have thought about it - and talked to JTSVP, as soon as the truck is finished being built, and running / on the road - ( and i save up some more $$ ) we will looking into carbon fiber upgrades both under the hood and the interior...

Boosted-SRT10

Reaction score
I worked on the truck alittle over the weekend - painted my valve covers red again, and brushed off the "viper" in alum

Mounted my intercooler for the roe bypass - and ran the piping - now I just need to get some time - so my dad can teach me to weld alum and get it rapped up, and then I can shipped it all to Tony to have it powder coated

Heres a few pics I took on Sunday

83819865.jpg

12c18b18.jpg

c683bf66.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
Chris is that a heat exchanger or an intercooler? Because I've never seen a intercooler for a roots type blower that was in front of the radiator, or is it a heat exchanger and the intercooler is after the blower like on our TRD setup?

Boosted-SRT10

Reaction score
Chris is that a heat exchanger or an intercooler? Because I've never seen a intercooler for a roots type blower that was in front of the radiator, or is it a heat exchanger and the intercooler is after the blower like on our TRD setup?

its an intercooler, i will do a write up when i an finish with the intstall, to anwser you question - yes and no,...

i will take pictures of where the intercooler connects too and then better anwser your question

Murderface

Reaction score
Ur gonna have to cause I'm clueless on how u get the air outta the bottom of that blower to route it up thru an intercooler. Is there some kind of plate under ur blower that the boosted air goes into allowing it to come out from under the blower?

Boosted-SRT10

Reaction score
Ur gonna have to cause I'm clueless on how u get the air outta the bottom of that blower to route it up thru an intercooler. Is there some kind of plate under ur blower that the boosted air goes into allowing it to come out from under the blower?

maybe this will clear things up for ya :)

55c15b45.jpg

i removed the 90 deg elbow - and added 2 - 90 degs and routed the intercooler piping

89b54c53.jpg

c54a7698.jpg

e16a2538.jpg

i still need to grind down some welds - but here are some pic's to better understand :)

hit me up this weekend - ill be in the gar all weekend finishing up the truck to get it to the painters

Murderface

Reaction score
I guess what has me messed up is that I know a twin screw has the inlet on the top/rear of the case and the air is compressed and moved forward along the lobes and then discharged out the the opposite end on the bottom like this
9d8f5352.jpg

and I don't see where u have urs diverted so that it doesn't go directly into the lower intake manifold. Got any pics of where the charged air comes out the blower and then reroutes to the intercooler? Is that I/C big enough to make a big enough impact on cooling the air? I know the URD MKII and MKIII uses a much bigger intercooler for their kits.
I'll be in Ocean City NJ on Sat so maybe I can hit u up and swing by for an hour or so on Sunday to check this out?

Workman3886

Reaction score
Yeah I gotta give some props, that truck is truly insane! Very clean and well done, I also looked at the SRT-10 but just couldn't deal with the gas mileage, plus I wanted a stick and not a single cab.

I will say you have a gorgeous truck there, good work man!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Sweet Truck!
Think we would all like to see some acceleration vids!

Top Bottom