Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Product Teaser

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals,

We are proud to release this new teaser thread. We have put together one set of coilovers, and have tested them on our X-Runner.

We have that set on its way to be tested by a fellow XRU member.

We are also in the process of have a second set put together for testing here at XII Performance.

These coilovers are QA1 shocks, and will have 18 valving adjustable settings just like the rear shocks.

This is a teaser thread only!

NO other information will be released until after testing is complete. We are not putting a time frame on this thread since the coilovers will need to be tested in depth both on and off the track.

BE PATIENT & STAY TUNED! :blurock:

DSC_0096_zps6a78130a.jpg
DSC_0097_zpscea0aa60.jpg

BondXII

Reaction score
TIME! Congratulations G for being the first reply in a record breaking five minutes flat. LOL

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
:biggrin: finally!! let us know as soon as they can be shipped! group buy for the first run of coilovers would be awesome......

how much height adjustment is there?

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Wow. Impressive looking stuff!!!! This definitely peeks my interest. :blurock:

Subbed!

dramad1

Reaction score
Mass production coming soon. Lol. Any idea of price range? Looks like a 12" coil. Wonder what the ppi is and will they keep the drop up front?
Similar set

Attachments

• image-3134895708.jpg
    image-3134895708.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks great!

Hope to hear some reviews soon!!

This will be great for the community and XII performance

Coupe

Reaction score
This will be a great addition to your product line.

BondXII

Reaction score
:biggrin: finally!! let us know as soon as they can be shipped! group buy for the first run of coilovers would be awesome......

how much height adjustment is there?

Stay tuned. Still working on the height adjustment range. Gotta make sure how low you can go with these and not bottom out and have camber too far out, etc.

Mass production coming soon. Lol. Any idea of price range? Looks like a 12" coil. Wonder what the ppi is and will they keep the drop up front?
Similar set

Price is still in debate. Cheaper than companies were telling us if they made a kit for us. Fox Racing was one of them... They didn't want to play ball though. Their lose. ;-)

Last edited:

BondXII

Reaction score
I can deduct that.... Front only.

You would need some form of 3link or 4link to run them out back. :top:

True story. One product at a time. LOL. I'm not sure if a four link would sell enough to justify doing one. We'll see when that time comes.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Are these just the single adjustable QA1 shocks? Would you guys be offering the "R" and dual adjustable shocks?

BondXII

Reaction score
Are these just the single adjustable QA1 shocks? Would you guys be offering the "R" and dual adjustable shocks?

These are the single adjustables... We can do the double adjustables for these for a little extra change. We'll offer that as an option when the times comes.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
any chance you will offer just those top hats for those of us who will need something a little more than the tamer street set ups you will be offering?

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Damnit lol. Just installed my street drop not even a week ago.

WANT

Don't think the wife is gonna go for it hahaa

BondXII

Reaction score
any chance you will offer just those top hats for those of us who will need something a little more than the tamer street set ups you will be offering?

We haven't considered that... We have considered different coil options for those that feel the need to be a bit more on the stiff side.

Damnit lol. Just installed my street drop not even a week ago.

WANT

Don't think the wife is gonna go for it hahaa

Dude! You haven't even sent us a good photo for the site yet and you're already talking about an upgrade. LOL

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Ahh. Good question.... This is what i was told, and has been confirmed by hitting up many track events and talking with fellow drivers who actually have coil overs....:top:

I also spoke to a few guys at BC racing regarding coil overs back at texfest 2011... Here's what the said...In terms for the constant JDM/EURO pissing match over who has more expensive name brand parts, you cant beat dual adjustable coils. :rofl:

In reality...well... Unless you have a full tube frame race car, who's frame is so stiff you need the ability to adjust both bump and rebound to shave off those precious .01 seconds... you will almost never be able to fully take advantage of the dual adjust ability. Half the people who buy dual adjustable coils for the street cars cant eve explain to you what the knobs do, or just have them cranked near max stiff so they can ride .00001" from the ground....:laugh:

The other question being....do you even know what bump and rebound dampening does, and how to properly set up the two to match your corner weight specs, spring rate, suspension design, desired oversteer/understeer balance, tire compound, track....etc?????? Exactly...
On a street car that see's occasional track use, single adjustable is MORE then you will ever need....let alone a pick-up truck with loads of frame flex and freakin leaf springs and a live axle... Dual adjustable coil overs on a street truck is massive over kill. Even a uni-body, near race car, with a cage, i.e typical drift car, its hard to justify $2,500+ coilovers...

Now, i don't even know the cost difference between the single and dual, but unless you have an all out race truck, with a cage tied into the frame and suspension mounting points, the singles will do just fine. :top:

my $.02....

Last edited:
Top Bottom