Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Tacoma coming??

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Does that bike rack exist now for our rail system?

yes it does Doug...

I believe that rack is made by Yakima...if not check out Thule...both make awesome products...:top:

UPDATE: I was correct doug...its a Yakima Bike Rack...this should be everything you need Doug...

Locking EZ Rider: clamps to your bed rails; $150...
Cross Bars: go between the clamps; provides stability for your rack system; $68...
Sprocket Rocket: uses the cross bars; $169...

Last edited:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I think Toyota is playing around with that Truck, I doubt very much you'll see a Tacoma V8 in production, also next design change for the Tacoma isn't until 2013 model year.

I really highly doubt 2013..they usually do it with the change in the 4runner since its about the same design. Toyota is already off what they use to do of a facelift every 3years like the old tacos. Since the new 4runner is out I will bet we will see some exterior changes made on the 2011 model.

TRD-X

Reaction score
The 4 Runner/SR5 had a V8 now they only have the V6 kinda lame!!This is for :eviltongue:Toyota:eviltongue:

Murderface

Reaction score
It is lame that the 4Runner gets a V8 but not the XRunner:thumpdown: or were u saying the old 4runner had a V8?
they need to offer a V8 and auto for the X and I'd be looking for a new one!

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Isn't the engine bay of the 4Runner the same as the Tacoma?
The 4Runner was a bit snug for me, I like the Tundra myself.
I have said this before, they should squeeze that v8 the IS-F has in the Tacoma as the X. :rock:

TRD-X

Reaction score
Isn't the engine bay of the 4Runner the same as the Tacoma?
The 4Runner was a bit snug for me, I like the Tundra myself.
I have said this before, they should squeeze that v8 the IS-F has in the Tacoma as the X. :rock:
I think that would be one bad ride, but Toyota will never sale us something like that!:top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I really highly doubt 2013..they usually do it with the change in the 4runner since its about the same design. Toyota is already off what they use to do of a facelift every 3years like the old tacos. Since the new 4runner is out I will bet we will see some exterior changes made on the 2011 model.

its usually 10 years for a chassis change

84-95 - Same Frams ( with the eception of the SA suspension on the 84-85 and wider track rear axle of the IFS trucks)

95.5-04 - Same Frame ( a front end and interior makeover in 2001)

2005-2010 - Same Frame ( with an interior redesign and slight front makeover in 2009)

I think 2013-2015 is a good guess for a completely redesigned truck

Justin

DSC_1955.jpg

Did anyone else notice this is an Access Cab Short bed, thats is a pretty stout looking setup :top:

I wish they actually offered that.

Justin

Last edited:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
its usually 10 years for a chassis change

84-95 - Same Frams ( with the eception of the SA suspension on the 84-85 and wider track rear axle of the IFS trucks)

95.5-04 - Same Frame ( a front end and interior makeover in 2001)

2005-2010 - Same Frame ( with an interior redesign and slight front makeover in 2009)

I think 2013-2015 is a good guess for a completely redesigned truck

Justin

DSC_1955.jpg

Did anyone else notice this is an Access Cab Short bed, thats is a pretty stout looking setup :top:

I wish they actually offered that.

Justin

I was talking about Face Lifts...Toyota did one every 3 years 95.5-199, 2000-2003 then they ran it to 2001-2005 complete overhaul. Since the 4runner got a facelift..i will bet the new taco will get one to..The only 2009 difference in the front I think is the slightly black headlights..and thats it

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I hate that Toyota and Honda do those x.5 generations on their popular models. Sucks when looking for cosmetic aftermarket accessories.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I was talking about Face Lifts...Toyota did one every 3 years 95.5-199, 2000-2003 then they ran it to 2001-2005 complete overhaul. Since the 4runner got a facelift..i will bet the new taco will get one to..The only 2009 difference in the front I think is the slightly black headlights..and thats it

the facelift from 97-98 was headlightsm grill and bumper.

I wonder in the economy will mess with this too

Justin

XrunnIT

Reaction score
First, I love the flat green. That looks amazing with those wheels.

Second, does anyone notice something else on that truck?! It really makes me feel good too to know that Toyota is paying attention to what we do here. For those that don't think Toyota watches this and other Tacoma forums, please note the RGM on that truck.

:rock:

I think we may have borrowed the design from that truck. But toyota did start offering what you could call their attempt at a BHLM, which is kind of cool.

That truck was made back before 2007. It was at the 2007 Sema Show, when I went with the hawaii guys.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I think we may have borrowed the design from that truck. But toyota did start offering what you could call their attempt at a BHLM, which is kind of cool.

That truck was made back before 2007. It was at the 2007 Sema Show, when I went with the hawaii guys.

it was at the 06 show too :top:

Justin

XrunnIT

Reaction score
it was at the 06 show too :top:

Justin

Wow, longer then I thought... ya, with that truck being designed that long ago, I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing on any tacoma until that chassis change.

But with fuel efficiency getting better and better in motors.. whose to say that they don't do it?

DC29

Reaction score
speaking of the new 4runner, has anyone seen one driving around??

i have, one word. HIDEOUS.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
i saw a dropped white one with the evo front part on black volkz it was epic sorry no pics my dad wont give me my camera back :(

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
speaking of the new 4runner, has anyone seen one driving around??

i have, one word. HIDEOUS.

yeah the front bumper sticks out like 1'...well not really it just pops out so much its an eye sore...IMHO...:ahhhhh:

i saw a dropped white one with the evo front part on black volkz it was epic sorry no pics my dad wont give me my camera back :(

don't you have a cell phone with a camera on it? not the best of qualities but better then nothing if you ask me...

that does suck your dad won't give YOUR camera back...tell him either give you back your or stop being chang and buy your own...:laugh:

DC29

Reaction score

pics or it didnt happen. the 08 bodystyle dropped or lifted looks mean but the new body style makes me want to kill babies.

Top Bottom