Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Tacoma coming??

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
either way if its faster and doesnot have tractioncontroledfail the new x's should be pretty sick :top:

TRD-X

Reaction score
We hope it will look good as for faster don't think so if you have a s/c!!:top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Isn't the engine bay of the 4Runner the same as the Tacoma?
The 4Runner was a bit snug for me, I like the Tundra myself.
I have said this before, they should squeeze that v8 the IS-F has in the Tacoma as the X. :rock:
131_0611_69_z+sema_2006+tacoma_v8_engine.jpg

TACOMA V8 INCROSS CONCEPT VEHICLE
Combines new V8 power with added passenger room and utility
The Tacoma V8 Incross concept vehicle combines several new design components and a unique color scheme with V8 power to provide an exciting new look with added passenger room, utility and performance capabilities.
The first use of Toyota's 4.7-liter, i-Force V8 engine in a Tacoma provides plenty of motivation for the Incross. The V8 produces 271 horsepower and 313 lb/ft of torque. It is equipped with TRD (Toyota Racing Development) headers and custom dual exhaust by Tube Solutions.
The Tacoma V8 Incross sports a unique look, combining the Tacoma's Access Cab with the Double Cab's short bed on a smaller frame. A custom front grille, bronzed headlamp treatment and skid plate provides the Incross front end with a dynamic look. Modified fender flares and matte green paint complete the exterior modifications.
BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires are mounted on 17-inch American Racing Wheels. Custom Bilstein shocks help handle the added performance capabilities of the Incross.
The interior features bronze trim with seats and floor customized by Fast Ed's Interiors and accessory pedals by Toyota. A FJ Cruiser styled steering wheel is used. A Gentez back-up camera, Scosche double-DIN radio bezel and JBL Premium Audio with Toyota factory navigation system complete the interior.
The Incross is fitted for outdoor adventure with Santa Cruz Nomad mountain bikes and camping gear from Bass Pro Shops.
TACOMA V8 INCROSS CONCEPT VEHICLE FEATURES
Performance

• 4.7L, i-Force V8 engine that provides 271 hp / 313 lb/ft of torque
  • Custom Bilstein shocks
  • Toyota Racing Development Headers
  • Custom Dual Exhaust by Tube Solutions
Exterior

• Green Matte Paint Color by Gardena Auto Body and Focus on Cars
  • Genuine Toyota Accessory Skid Plate
  • 17 inch American Racing Wheels with F/X Motorsports centercaps
  • BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
  • Custom front grille with All-State Manufacturing created Toyota badge
  • Bronze color headlamp treatment
  • Modified fender flares by Bushwacker
Interior

• FJ Cruiser styled steering wheel, seats and floor by Fast Ed's Interiors
  • Gentex back-up mirror / camera
  • Scosche double DIN radio bezel
  • Bronze color interior trim
  • JBL Premium Audio with Toyota factory Navigation
  • Genuine Toyota Accessory sport pedals
Accessories

• Santa Cruz Nomad mountain bikes
  • Yakima bike racks
  • Bass Pro Shops camping gear
  • Genuine Toyota Accessory cargo net and cross bars
  • Redline Hood Struts

Last edited:

TRD-X

Reaction score
That would be so sick!!:adore:But do you think Toyota would be that nice to us.:frown:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
That screams one off at me...meaning we will prolly never see it in a showroom.:thumpdown:

TRD-X

Reaction score
That screams one off at me...meaning we will prolly never see it in a showroom.:thumpdown:
Hey Cuz it don't hurt to wish!!:eviltongue::eviltongue: Be happy and wish for one Russell.:top:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Oh I wish alot grandpa...but unfortunately I live in reality.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
OK I was Told yesterday that the new Tacoma would have the engine that's in the fj that's 285 HP!!
I was also told that the Tacoma was going to get a design change and there is this V8 show truck out there from Toyota. So what do you think is coming for the Tacoma??:dontknow:
You can tell whoever told you that crap....that I said he's an idiot :top::top::top::top::top:. If they didn't put a V8 in the new 4Runner, what makes you think they would put one in the Tacoma???

As of right now, NOTHING is being changed on the 2011 Tacoma...below is a screen shot-->

Notice the key on the right side, and the Column for the Tacoma -- you will see that there is no "F" or "M" on top of the column (like how the Sienna has an "F" because it was re-designed, and the Sequoia has a "M" for minor changes)

The first day of production for the 2011 Tacoma is 06/28/10:

2011MODELLAUNCH.jpg

Attachments

• 2011MODELLAUNCH.jpg
    2011MODELLAUNCH.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 84

TRD-X

Reaction score
You can tell whoever told you that crap....that I said he's an idiot :top::top::top::top::top:. If they didn't put a V8 in the new 4Runner, what makes you think they would put one in the Tacoma???

As of right now, NOTHING is being changed on the 2011 Tacoma...below is a screen shot-->

Notice the key on the right side, and the Column for the Tacoma -- you will see that there is no "F" or "M" on top of the column (like how the Sienna has an "F" because it was re-designed, and the Sequoia has a "M" for minor changes)

The first day of production for the 2011 Tacoma is 06/28/10:

2011MODELLAUNCH.jpg
David I go along with you on some of it.:top: But read post #24 Cuz I said it was lame that they took the V-8 out of the 4 Runner/SR5, and only have a V-6 now.:eviltongue::eviltongue:

RedXr

Reaction score
I just hope the new redesign comes before my calender ends.

TRD-X

Reaction score
Ditto on that on. Yea I've been thinking about doing a 2JZ swap on a old X!:biggrin: I know alot about the supra so it wouldn't be to hard for me to do, just a boat load of cash!!:top:

Last edited:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
David I go along with you on some of it.:top: But read post #24 Cuz I said it was lame that they took the V-8 out of the 4 Runner/SR5, and only have a V-6 now.:eviltongue::eviltongue:
I know, I did read it. I also read your other posts (1,3,10,16,27,43,45,47,52 and 54)...I was just correcting the false info before it spread like a wildfire...that's all.

TRD-X

Reaction score
It's all Good David!:adore: And I don't hate on that bad X Yo!!:adore::adore:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Not only did dual V V T - i got added, ACIS also got deleted. I wish they added dual V V T L - i.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I know, I did read it. I also read your other posts (1,3,10,16,27,43,45,47,52 and 54)...I was just correcting the false info before it spread like a wildfire...that's all.
Dammmm doods a post whooooore.:biggrin:

TRD-X

Reaction score
Dammmm doods a post whooooore.:biggrin:

See you going to make me do it!!:motz::motz:Who you calling a post whoooore Cuz!!:motz::motz:Sometimes I don't know about you Cuz.:ahhhhh:

Top Bottom