Nitto vs Continental

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Wheels/Tires' started by kcidmil, Jun 11, 2016.

1. kcidmil

kcidmil Member

I need thoughts on Nitro NT555 G2 vs Continental Extreme Contact DW

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt555g2-tire/

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/extremecontact-dw-28540zr18-101y/?mode=tire&sw=285&ar=40&rd=18

So I'm compiling my list for next year's project. I'm getting a set of Rovos Durban in black chrome. 18x9/18x10.5 The only option for black chrome is 18"s. Since BFG has stopped making the KDW I have to find a different staggered set. Both tires are similar in price and won't kill me on the cost. I only drive the XR during car show season so I'm not worried about finding a all-season.

255/45-18 front
    285/40-18 rear

2. throwinsparksatu

I'm on 555 g2 and really like them, good upgrade not sure which would be better but the look of them is nice too

3. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

My experience with Nitto is that they make really good tires. That would be my choice between the two.

4. lingenfelterm

lingenfelterm Member

I know you said you don't need all season tires, but I'd definitely recommend my BFG GForce Comp2 A/S tires I put on my truck. Excellent grip, wet or dry, good ride and quiet considering the aggressive tread design. They also make a Gforce Comp2 Sport version that's probably more what you're looking for.

5. XMPLRY808

XMPLRY808 Active Member

I always ran nitto's on my cars :top: but gonna try something different this time around. Just ordered Yokohamas :wink:

6. kcidmil

kcidmil Member

BFG doesn't make anything in 285 40 and the tires that are large enough are track focused. A shame as BFG is my first choice followed by Toyo. There is the Goodyear Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar, but I'm not too impressed with Goodyear tires.

#6 kcidmil, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  7. lingenfelterm

lingenfelterm Member

I understand. I didn't realize they didn't make the size you're needing. Prior to finding the BFG's I bought, I was going to go with the Continentals myself. Good looking tire with a ton of good reviews.

8. kcidmil

kcidmil Member

285/40 keeps the diameter the same and the next size wider is a 325/35. Looking at the prices and selection for 305 or 315s it just isn't worth it. For what little I do drive her it's not worth dropping $500+ a tire for them to dry rot away.