Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

not in good spirits

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
If the blower truly doesn't have anything to do with his issue, the dealer would be more likely to start replacing things for him in an effort to solve his problem under warranty.

Again, that goes back to not all dealers operate the same. There is one dealer that won't even touch my truck because I have the URD intake.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
hard wire that maf from the plug at ur computer to directly the maf.. see what happens.. also get a maf from toyota do not get a auto parts store one. if I recall they gave jason the wronge one..

I do not think its the chrger either. but its time to elimate possiblities.. atleast un hook the aic and do something to the charger or don't go into boost..

how exactly do i do this.

quicky06

Reaction score
how exactly do i do this.

basicly instead of the wire running from the maf throught the connector and then throught the wireing harness to the pcm. you just cut the wire at the connector and run your own wire straight to the pcm or where ever it is supposed to go.

this will eliminated the wiring harness and if the problem still exsists it is not a problerm in the harness

drewXrunner

Reaction score
basicly instead of the wire running from the maf throught the connector and then throught the wireing harness to the pcm. you just cut the wire at the connector and run your own wire straight to the pcm or where ever it is supposed to go.

this will eliminated the wiring harness and if the problem still exsists it is not a problerm in the harness

ok gotcha so run all new 5 wires from the maf plug to the computer . how do I connect to the plug in the computer?

megabitez

Reaction score
u can lemon law your truck. if you have a few options like this i went thru the process and was 10 days late and lost my case =( thats another reason why i changed everything

quicky06

Reaction score
ok gotcha so run all new 5 wires from the maf plug to the computer . how do I connect to the plug in the computer?

the same way you do the maf. you will have to cut the wires and solder them.

its a PITA. if it doesnt fix it you can either leave it or solder it back to stock.

rexrunner

Reaction score
just get a dvom and you can check teh resistance in teh wires. this will tell you if teh wires from teh maf to the ecu are shorted or cut. if there ok then dont bother replacing lol. also check your urd box, bc it does intercept the maf signal. could just be a bad urd piggyback. get a voltmeter and check the volts from the urd box to your ecu (maf + signal) to make sure no more than 4.95 volts is going through that at WOT. truck must be running though :top:

quicky06

Reaction score
just get a dvom and you can check teh resistance in teh wires. this will tell you if teh wires from teh maf to the ecu are shorted or cut. if there ok then dont bother replacing lol. also check your urd box, bc it does intercept the maf signal. could just be a bad urd piggyback. get a voltmeter and check the volts from the urd box to your ecu (maf + signal) to make sure no more than 4.95 volts is going through that at WOT. truck must be running though :top:
''

a dvom doesnt tell you ****. all it tells you is that one strand in the wire is touching. as long as one strand is touching the otherside of that broken strand your dvom will tell you that everything is ok.

this is why they make load lights. but it isnt "safe" to use a load light on something that hooked up to the pcm IMO.

rexrunner

Reaction score
the maf is very low amperage and only a 12v input. unplug it from the ecu and use a lil radioshack bulb as a load light. this is much easier/cleaner then running 5 new wires. 100 bucks says that this is not teh prob anyways

quicky06

Reaction score
the maf is very low amperage and only a 12v input. unplug it from the ecu and use a lil radioshack bulb as a load light. this is much easier/cleaner then running 5 new wires. 100 bucks says that this is not teh prob anyways

i still wouldnt do that that may be too much amperage too.

and im not putting money on something that all of us including gadget have been chasing for a several weeks.

and to be a smart ass what do you mean only a 12v input? there isnt a higher input voltage on ANYTHING on the truck when its not running

rexrunner

Reaction score
when you run higher amperage or voltage through a wire your tend to risk shorting it out easier. i wasnt trying to be a smart ass, but i just dont get how the factory harness would be faulty. he could also check the voltage from the maf itself when teh truck is running. just idling to see what kind of reading its sending.

but i still say check voltage from teh urd box to the ecm. you wanna check voltage across e4-30 (r-y) and e4-29 (r-w) it should get no higher than 4.9 or so. also what voltage is your maf clamped at? you do have a maf clamp right?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
They're not cheap at all. I would rather spend the time to take off the blower just to make sure rather then spend that money on an ECU and hope that's the problem.

I got my ECU replaced when I had the URD blower on and got no hassle at all. Was a completely differant problem and the ECU change wasn't the solution

drewXrunner

Reaction score
when you run higher amperage or voltage through a wire your tend to risk shorting it out easier. i wasnt trying to be a smart ass, but i just dont get how the factory harness would be faulty. he could also check the voltage from the maf itself when teh truck is running. just idling to see what kind of reading its sending.

but i still say check voltage from teh urd box to the ecm. you wanna check voltage across e4-30 (r-y) and e4-29 (r-w) it should get no higher than 4.9 or so. also what voltage is your maf clamped at? you do have a maf clamp right?

yah already tested that out and it was all good. im still looking for a new plug. So i can try another one. Something tells me its not gonna work but i have to try it. im so broke right now i dont have money to be throwing out there for an ecu. And I just found out my girl is 6 weeks pregnant. :rock:

quicky06

Reaction score
yah already tested that out and it was all good. im still looking for a new plug. So i can try another one. Something tells me its not gonna work but i have to try it. im so broke right now i dont have money to be throwing out there for an ecu. And I just found out my girl is 6 weeks pregnant. :rock:

i know your broke but have u called the dealer and asaked for a pigtail?

and is the baby good or bad thing?

if good congrats, if bad that sucks:dontknow:

drewXrunner

Reaction score
i know your broke but have u called the dealer and asaked for a pigtail?

and is the baby good or bad thing?

if good congrats, if bad that sucks:dontknow:

baby is a good thing. just wish I was making more $$$$. but who dosent lol!

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Drive your happy ass to Vb with a plug and Maf we will get it straight...

quicky06

Reaction score
well i went to the junk yard on my lunch today. no luck there so ill try another one later this week. if i can find one ill ship it out to you. but by the way its lookign yotas ar hard to find in a yard

drewXrunner

Reaction score
well i went to the junk yard on my lunch today. no luck there so ill try another one later this week. if i can find one ill ship it out to you. but by the way its lookign yotas ar hard to find in a yard

yah you got that rite! i have a junkyard im gonna go try tommorow when i get off work. Is the maf sensor on a lexus and corolla the same as ours????

thanks for looking bro. :top:

Top Bottom