Now wait a minute...

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by X-Runnin, Apr 1, 2007.

1. wshsbears

wshsbears New Member

u get the same warranty after installing this kit as u get after installing the URD s/c system. if something goes wrong, take it all off, take it to toyota and play dumb :top:

2. 5000XD

5000XD New Member

so? do you have experience with map-ecu?

3. 5000XD

5000XD New Member

I hope for his sake he moved into hiding, cause I'm still pretty pissed off not receiving my xrc kit!

I still have hope you can deliver Rob :top:

4. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

does this always work??? :laugh:

5. blackX

blackX New Member

no, i just read the description

6. Matt's06

Matt's06 New Member

check out www.mapecu.com

7. 07XR808

07XR808 New Member

depends on how well you can play "dumb" and how famous your are lol!

8. XPC_XR

XPC_XR New Member

Lets just hope your dealer doesnt find your truck online. ;)

9. Deviant

Deviant New Member

:laugh:

Better blur those liscense plates and delete where you're from then!

10. DOGO X

DOGO X Active Member

Simple don't post the trouble on the internet and remove the URD sticker, right Xrobber :biggrin:

11. XRobber

XRobber New Member

LOL...
    Yea... they found my truck on the "manufacturer of the supercharger website"
    LOL
    All they really had to do was google XRobber LOL

12. 07xrunner

07xrunner Active Member

just a small price to pay for being famous huh rob :laugh:

13. azjimi

azjimi New Member

Yeah, definitely wait a minute. You are talking about selling something to the public that is not even developed yet? Haven't been on the forum much in the last several weeks, but I do know a certain someone just barely started working on this project a few months ago. IF it is up & running on his truck, I have a hard time seeing how it's been deemed "ready" for public consumption in June. That's not a very long test period.

Don't get me wrong...I am all for developement of this nature. I love it! BUT
    considering the developers have no track record & no long term test mule, I think maybe they are in too much of a hurry to pull the trigger.

I don't really have that much info, so if you can prove me wrong, I'd love that. In fact I'd prefer to be wrong in this case. Principals only.

14. Spyder327

Spyder327 New Member

I think that you have very legitimate concerns man, but i can tell you that i know for a fact there is a kit up and running on an X-runner already. Like any company, im sure C2C would like to test it for a very long extent before releasing it, but they cant make money by testing it for 3 years first. These engine seems to be able to handle 8psi pretty well, so i personally think the turbo kit wont have any problems. What im assuming C2C will do to ensure that is create a very safe base map for the fuel/timing of the system just like URD did for the S/C. From there the system will be able to be tuned by the end user.

I dont know exactly how long the x-runner has had the system running, but i do know it's been months... without any problems. Rob and Jon are both GREAT guys and im sure they'll have a great setup for X owners. :top:

On another note, hows the truck running man?

#74 Spyder327, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  15. azjimi

azjimi New Member

Yeah, I am not at all questioning the integrity of Jon or Rob. And Jon is defiinitley smart guy when it comes to cars. However I am questioning their judgement in rushing this thing into "production". The absolute #1 concern people (who can afford it) have about F/I is reliability. PROVEN reliability is gonna sell some units. I already have F/I so I'm not in the market, but as much as I respect Jon's technical know how, I would not buy this unit w/only a few months of testing on it. I have religiously followed the F/I threads on the M3 forums & NOBODY brings out a kit that fast and I'm talking established companies. All I'm saying is that Jon could end up looking really brilliant or really foolish, but I'm hoping it's brilliant cuz admire people who are willing to take chances. Just don't want them taking too many chances w/other people's rides. There is not much chance they have the capital to back up very many claims.

16. azjimi

azjimi New Member

I'm happy w/it for now, mainly cuz I don't have the time right now to mess w/it. However I watch you like a hawk because I'm very interested in how your truck does w/your upgrades being as we are in the same climate & all. Sometimes I only check the forum to see if you have any "progress reports".
    Most likey if you remain happy w/what you've done, I'll eventually go w/the smaller pulley & water injection. Can't have to much power....well, that may not be absolutely true....traction is a nice companion.

17. heloboby7

heloboby7 New Member

The kit has been tested for 8 months and counting.

18. Spyder327

Spyder327 New Member

Progress report: I plan on dyno'ing 375rwho in a few weeks! :rock:

The truck seems to be running great man, im glad to hear yours is too:top:

19. azjimi

azjimi New Member

1st I've heard but if that's the case, then it's a respectable amount of time.
    Would that be on your "Vipertruck killer"?

20. 07xrunner

07xrunner Active Member

im thinking yeah it probably is :biggrin: