Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

O2 check engine light on...

dramad1

Reaction score
Possibly bad front sensors. If you barely smack them you can **** them up. Go to auto parts store and have them read the code for you.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any aftermarket wiring done in your trucks? Could explain a possible trouble source.

08x

Reaction score
for the o2 sensor codes have you had any tranny work recently done to your truck??

shane881510

Reaction score
nah keeps saying low voltage in heater circuit on both front sensors.

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
Try unplugging the battery for a while to reset everything and see if/when it comes on note the conditions your in and maybe track how many drive cycles.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
nah keeps saying low voltage in heater circuit on both front sensors.

Alright, so that we are on the same page: You say that you recently purchased and installed an O2 simulator. Yet the trouble codes which you just presented to us are for the WRAF sensors. ( Otherwise known as front O2 sensors which are PRE Catalytic converter sensors. Factory AFR sensors.) Your O2 simulator only alters the signals to the rear O2 sensors which read the catalytic converters.

The codes which you posted suggest that either the WRAF sensors ( wideband Ratio Air Fuel) sensors are either unplugged, harness connectors are swapped side to side, both are damaged somehow, you have a bad relay or fuse for the AFR heater circuit, or somehow you managed to plug the O2 sim into the WRAF sensors' plugs. ( which i highly doubt).

Jeremias

Reaction score
It seems like your sensor harnesses have swapped sides. Have you dropped your transmission lately? Those sensor harnesses are easily interchangable and could have been hooked up wrong. I've personally had this problem and got two codes: one for high and one for low voltage.

shane881510

Reaction score
so the fuse and relay are good. the sensors never been took out just unplugged. dropped tranny while back but didn't get code til done exhaust. o2 sim took the codes off for o2 sensor in back. I had my exhaust manifolds off to weld down pipe on.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
so the fuse and relay are good. the sensors never been took out just unplugged. dropped tranny while back but didn't get code til done exhaust. o2 sim took the codes off for o2 sensor in back. I had my exhaust manifolds off to weld down pipe on.

Have anyone near you that you can try swapping a sensor with to see if that clears the code for one of them?

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
it's not the heat I'm concerned with, its the electric current flowing through it.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I've run dtlt's for a long time before parting out most of my goodies, and I too get two specific codes, sometimes both, sometimes one or the other... po138, po157 and I think It was mainly due to the lack of cats, or I fumbled the removal of the o2 sim. Going through this myself, but I find the codes only come every 40-50 miles or so from clearing. Thoughts, G?

butters607

Reaction score
I've run dtlt's for a long time before parting out most of my goodies, and I too get two specific codes, sometimes both, sometimes one or the other... po138, po157 and I think It was mainly due to the lack of cats, or I fumbled the removal of the o2 sim. Going through this myself, but I find the codes only come every 40-50 miles or so from clearing. Thoughts, G?

Did you replace your sensors?

Top Bottom