Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Official - QA1 settings

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on this so I decided to make one. This could be a sticky down the road when people input their settings/preferences on the QA1s "stiffness".

Here is the break down.

1. Tell us if you have the 12 setting or the newer 18 setting QA1s.
2. Tell us what drop kit you have (12 performance, rear composites/steelies or DJM)
3. Tell us what setting you have it on. (Track/DD/Drift if possible)

Thanks! Hope this thread brings up some info. :adore:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Full stiff, because race truck. 11" QA'1 Coilovers with 300lbs springs.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I don't have my drop anymore but when I had it ...

1.) 12 setting qa1s
2.) SS 1.7" drop coils/streetacos 2 1/4" steel blocks w/9/16" grade 8 u-bolts
3.) set on 6 for DD/no track or drift

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
18 qa1
DJM 3/4
Stiffest setting because racetruck

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Full stiff, because race truck. 11" QA'1 Coilovers with 300lbs springs.

Max stiff=/= race truck...:rofl:

That kind of stiffness out back will just yield a shit ton transitional oversteer, and make your truck more snappy then mine...but, to each their own...:rolleyez: Maybe the qa1 coil overs are valued softer, and that much bumb/rebound is needed.:dontknow: for some one who hates drifting, sure sounds like your trying to get your ass end to rotate around. :stupid:

Reminds me of the Hondas out here who drive around on max stiff, fully dumped civics, hella-fail, with rolled fenders and $3k rims, equipped with exposed, brightly colored race tow hooks...claim that thier cars handle amazing, and have never raced once...because rice cars.:laugh:

Not trying to start something, just curious as to why you think max stiff equals race truck...:dontknow:

SS track drop, sways and urd traction bar.

Drag: depending on track grip, 2 or 3. Typically will add about 1.5 turns of preload to the traction bar.
Autox: 5
Drift: 5 or 6 depending on what width and brand tires are being destroyed. 7, the back end whips around to fast during transitions, but I did rock 8 at Texfest do to that massive bump in the middle of the first sweeper. Truck kept smacking the bump stops...:thumbdown:

15:1 says my drift settings will change some, come Thursday as the knuckles should make it easier to "catch" :rockon:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
1. 12 settings
2. Mono leafs with 950ppi coils
3. Set at 5 for DD and 7-8 for autoX

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
1. QA1 18 adjustable
2. Sittin Sic Street Drop/Blocks in back
3. Set on 11

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
I guess I will get in on this....

Old Style QA1 (12 Settings)
6 For Daily Driving
10-11 Auto Cross Track
Drop Coils, Composite Drop Leafs

New QA1 (18 settings)
9 For Daily Driving
15-16 Auto Cross Track
Drop Coils, Composite Drop Leafs / Steel Drop Leafs

Here's a Handy Reference Guide...
2-8 clicks for nice ride and handling (I say to start at 8 just because of the handling nature of these trucks)
8-12 clicks for firm ride and improved handling
13+ clicks for more aggressive handling

*** One important thing to remember when changing the settings is to always turn dial back to 0 and count up. This will keep from over adjusting the shock.

ultraxr

Reaction score
1. 12 setting QA1s.
2. DJM front w/ 950ppi stock height coils. 2.5" Streetaco blocks w/ offset pin/hole.
3. 6 - Daily

Toon714

Reaction score
12 setting qa1
Tundra racing lowering kit 2in fronts and 3.5in rears.
Set at 6 for daily.

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
12 setting QA1's
SS coils & 2" blocks
Set @ 5 for DD/7 autoX (still in process of finding the proper setting for this)

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
12 setting QA1's
SS coils & 2" blocks
Set @ 5 for DD/7 autoX (still in process of finding the proper setting for this)

One day we need to get you into a set of composite's for your rear! This will help you in Auto Cross.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
One day we need to get you into a set of composite's for your rear! This will help you in Auto Cross.

It completely changed the way my truck handled, for the better. Made it much more planted coming out of corners. This is part f the reason I don't want to go djm...I don't want to ruin my mono leafs with lowering blocks on top.:top:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
I JUST installed my QA1s, and when i say just i mean like within the hour, and im sitting sic
(1.75" coils front and 2" blocks rear) and im just wondering what u guys feel would be the # for me? i want COMFORTABLE daily driver but i dont wanna bottom out

asianized

Reaction score
I JUST installed my QA1s, and when i say just i mean like within the hour, and im sitting sic
(1.75" coils front and 2" blocks rear) and im just wondering what u guys feel would be the # for me? i want COMFORTABLE daily driver but i dont wanna bottom out

How hard was it to install the qa1's? I've got mines but haven't had a chance to put them in yet

Top Bottom