Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oh yeah moment of truth

Super Werty

Reaction score
not bad considering it's not a full on stage 3 yet! very nice!

Gadget

Reaction score
On a DynoJet HP is calculated by how fast you can accelerate the drum. Known mass acceleration rate.

They need an RPM signal to calculate torque off of. DynoJet normally uses an inductive pickup to get the RPM signal from the power wire going to one of the spark coils. Those can be problematic and loose signal a good bit. Many times the torque line will have gaps because of that.

399.6 RWHP for a Mk3 Stage 2 on a very hot day with El Paso elevation is very respectable indeed, but damn, so close to the big 400....

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Typically when the tach pickup is off though it also produces HP numbers that are way off (at least with my experience on our in house dyno as well has the dynojet we have access to).

Its possible to read low or high depending on how far off it is.

The 5252 formula for HP calculation still applies here.

Do you know what the uncorrected numbers were?

Get that dynojet file though for sure if you can.

butters607

Reaction score
Typically when the tach pickup is off though it also produces HP numbers that are way off.

well this run i posted is with it on so i beg to differ on it being off at all cause i personally saw the graph come up for this run bro but it was chopped in half from the signal bounce hate to burst your buble but all the runs were consistent with it on and off batman!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Typically when the tach pickup is off though it also produces HP numbers that are way off.

The 5252 formula for HP calculation still applies here.

Thats what I was thinking. The only thing it should be getting from the coil is the RPM signal that would be needed to calculate HP.

HP = (TQ* rpm) / 5252 correct??

Gadget

Reaction score
well this run i posted is with it on so i beg to differ on it being off at all cause i personally saw the graph come up for this run bro but it was chopped in half from the signal bounce hate to burst your buble but all the runs were consistent with it on and off batman!

Did I not tell you that he would pop in from out of the blue and be trying to discredit your dyno result?? Didn't I tell you that??

Now where is that other guy??

G

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Did I not tell you that he would pop in from out of the blue and be trying to discredit your dyno result?? Didn't I tell you that??

No where is that other guy??

G

hey if i was a mustang owner i would hate hate hate too :motz:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
On a DynoJet HP is calculated by how fast you can accelerate the drum. Known mass acceleration rate.

They need an RPM signal to calculate torque off of. DynoJet normally uses an inductive pickup to get the RPM signal from the power wire going to one of the spark coils. Those can be problematic and loose signal a good bit. Many times the torque line will have gaps because of that.

399.6 RWHP for a Mk3 Stage 2 on a very hot day with El Paso elevation is very respectable indeed, but damn, so close to the big 400....

G

Didn't know dyno's calculated that way. Now it makes sense.

I wonder if a problem maintaining an RPM signal is why my TQ curve has some dips to it??

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

Hey either way we can figure out your TQ curve for you based on the HP curve via the formula, its very easy to do so.

We just need to know approximately what RPM you started your pull at (which we can probably estimate based on MPH).

Here on our dyno (FP Mustang & an older dynojet 248x) if you dont get the tach pickup correct the HP curve is not correct.

I had this problem with my truck when I was setting it up as well, I ended up grabbing it at the coil itself.

typically I use a loop wire, I was trying to use a gator on the XR and it wasn't working well.

Gadget

Reaction score
No, if the RPM signal is lost there is no data so the line just isn't there. It does not drop it is just blank for a little bit.

I had the same problem dynoing the new 4 cly supercharger system the other day. It is pretty typical with the DynoJet inductive pickup.

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

No where is that other guy??

G

No one is discrediting lol, I believe there is a lot of congratulating going on if anything.

hey if i was a mustang owner i would hate hate hate too :motz:

hahahaha! ooooo now youve done it!

Had to bring the mustang thing into it rofl.

Will gladly race ;).

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
U guys are too funny, as long as this doesn't turn into what either Rexrunners or Megabitz's dyno thread turned into. At least Butters isn't claiming over 500ftlbs of torque lolz!!

Nice numbers BTW, now hurry up and get ur stage III gear installed so we can see u at least beat BlackX's #'s and maybe even Gadgets.

And get the dyno file so u can shut Doug up and before XrunnIT gets on here and starts his shit!

butters607

Reaction score
Hey either way we can figure out your TQ curve for you based on the HP curve via the formula, its very easy to do so.

We just need to know approximately what RPM you started your pull at (which we can probably estimate based on MPH).

Here on our dyno (FP Mustang & an older dynojet 248x) if you dont get the tach pickup correct the HP curve is not correct.

I had this problem with my truck when I was setting it up as well, I ended up grabbing it at the coil itself.

typically I use a loop wire, I was trying to use a gator on the XR and it wasn't working well.

123mph is what it peaked at and the rpms for that is?

U guys are too funny, as long as this doesn't turn into what either Rexrunners or Megabitz's dyno thread turned into. At least Butters isn't claiming over 500ftlbs of torque lolz!!

Nice numbers BTW, now hurry up and get ur stage III gear installed so we can see u at least beat BlackX's #'s and maybe even Gadgets.

And get the dyno file so u can shut Doug up and before XrunnIT gets on here and starts his shit!

this is too funny brb i gotta piss:biggrin:

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

roflmao! dont let xrunnit get in here!

I just want the dynojet file to get better graph information for my personal viewing pleasure (Uncorrected info and see what the actual speed based table looks like).

Id really like to see how much power it put down in such hot conditions with out a correction factor, it will a testament to how efficient the rotrex really is.

butters607

Reaction score
No one is discrediting lol, I believe there is a lot of congratulating going on if anything.

hahahaha! ooooo now youve done it!

Had to bring the mustang thing into it rofl.

Will gladly race ;).

will gladly accept after i get to stage 3 thanks!

ok i dont know jack about the dyno machines but if its so off how could it be so consistent 4 times please tell me?

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

Im down!

I think it would be a great race actually.

Stock N/A 5 liter vs. Boosted 4 liter

American Car vs. Jap truck

Rustang vs. Taco

Break out the camera gear will.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Mustang off the line, but I think the MKIII top end will overtake in the end

butters607

Reaction score
Im down!

I think it would be a great race actually.

Stock N/A 5 liter vs. Boosted 4 liter

American Car vs. Jap truck

Rustang vs. Taco

im down win or lose it would be fun! but i cant lie i hate everything about ford sorry....
so did you calculate it down to like 350rwhp yet!!!!:biggrin:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

ok i dont know jack about the dyno machines but if its so off how could it be so consistent 4 times please tell me?

Not saying your HP graph is off at all, just commenting on the total absence of a TQ curve & tach information while maintaining what appears to be a very accurate HP curve.

Our dynojet is probably different then a new one, & the mustang is well a mustang dyno so that's a given as to why tach ratio calibration is so important.

Again not discrediting the HP figures at all, I dont get too hung up over the dyno graph wars anyway and nor should you.

A dyno is a tuning tool; IMO its a ton of work to strap a vehicle down on the dyno and set it up to run just for a dyno graph.

All you should be concerned with is how fast it gos down the road in real life, and how fast it gets down the track.

A my dyno graph vs. your dyno graph argument is polish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom