"Over-built" ball joints and other suspension components

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Edgeman, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Edgeman

Edgeman Active Member

Found this linked on TW:

https://www.mevotech.com/brands/ttx/

These may be well known in the 4X4 world, but I did a search for my 2008 X-Runner, and they sell parts for it too.

Anyone tried these?

2. mejbro

mejbro Active Member

Sup Edgeman!?!
    Yessir, I swear by Mevotech.
    I buy a lot from Rockauto.com and Mevotech is what they advertise as their higher quality brand. I tested them on my '03 Jetta and they were awesome in combination with a full Eibach Pro Street Suspension. I also used'em on my 2011 Lexus IS350 AWD and they were excellent. No more thumps, knocks, or squeaks.

Edgeman likes this.
  3. Edgeman

Edgeman Active Member

Thanks mejbro!

I like going OEM, but if I can find a better, much stronger product, I'll go with it! One thing I've read is that Toyota doesn't want to sell just ball joints, but they sell upper and lower control arms with the ball joints and other bushings installed. Now I did swap the LCAs on my 2008 TSX for expediency, but I just wanted to get that back on the road eating miles until it's eventually replaced.

I want to keep my X-Runner forever! :D

mejbro likes this.
  4. Seamless

Seamless Member

Good find! Refreshing bushings and ball joints is next on my list

Edgeman likes this.