Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

P0103 engine code.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
got this code after washing the truck. I have the URD blower so I have the wires to the maf extended. But I Just checked them last week for rubbing - no sign of any - and rewrapped them in electrical tape and wire loom.

would this code be caused by a short in the wiring or maybe a bad seal around the sensor. I was sceptical of the O-ring when I installed the maf, but I have had no problems up until now.

any help would be great.

Spyder327

Reaction score
P0103 is a MAF sensor code...

maybe you got the MAF sensor wet when washing it?

Have you tried resetting it? and if so, did it come back on right afterwards?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I reset it and it stayed off. I was just wondering if it would be caused by a short in the wiring, or a bad seal around the maf allowing it to get soaked with water :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
I reset it and it stayed off. I was just wondering if it would be caused by a short in the wiring, or a bad seal around the maf allowing it to get soaked with water :dontknow:

Not sure, i've never had any trouble with mine...

If it stayed off though it's not seeing the same problem still.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i was trying to get it to throw the P0606 code i usually get in a heavy soaking or heavy rain, but no luck on theat one. :dontknow: got a differant one instead:thumpdown:

Spyder327

Reaction score
i was trying to get it to throw the P0606 code i usually get in a heavy soaking or heavy rain, but no luck on theat one. :dontknow: got a differant one instead:thumpdown:

I was just in very heavy rain (yes in AZ believe it or not) about an hour ago, i've never thrown that code either..

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I am taking it into toyota tommorow to get the bedsides looked at. I will have them see if they can figure out why i am throwing codes when wet. :rolleyez:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
P0606 code is a ECM /PCM processor malfunction code and is an internal problem with the ECM, it is also a 1 trip detection to trip a code or CEL, Check and be sure you are not getting any water intrusion at the ECM behind the glove box?

Last edited:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
got this code after washing the truck. I have the URD blower so I have the wires to the maf extended. But I Just checked them last week for rubbing - no sign of any - and rewrapped them in electrical tape and wire loom.

would this code be caused by a short in the wiring or maybe a bad seal around the sensor. I was sceptical of the O-ring when I installed the maf, but I have had no problems up until now.

any help would be great.
I have a URD supercharger too and I have gotten that code (P0103) a couple of times when I've run it very hard on the freeway, I have check on this through our shop manuals and it also states that a P0103 is also set by mass or volume circuit high input, in other words higher air flow through the MAF then it can read, I talked to Gadget and he said that I may have to install a voltage clamp to stop the CEL, like I say it's only done it a couple of times and will reset by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes, Spyder327 is also correct on the shorting of the MAF sensor, our Toyota shop manuals list that code like two different ways (descriptions), on the rain being an issue on mine was not the problem because I've only been in the rain once, I know hard to believe LOL, and as I stated earlier on the code P0606 that in an internal ECM problem and the ECM will have to be replaced to correct the problem, I have had a few Tacomas with water leaks at the windshield and the water would travel down into the ECM and set a CEL, it definitely would not hurt to check, Oh and one other thing on the P0103 code I have heard not to have the air filter on the URD cold air intake pushed on too far up on the piping they say too leave it as close to the end as possible and tighten the clamp. Sorry so long but hopes this may help you.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I have a URD supercharger too and I have gotten that code (P0103) a couple of times when I've run it very hard on the freeway, I have check on this through our shop manuals and it also states that a P0103 is also set by mass or volume circuit high input, in other words higher air flow through the MAF then it can read, I talked to Gadget and he said that I may have to install a voltage clamp to stop the CEL, like I say it's only done it a couple of times and will reset by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes, Spyder327 is also correct on the shorting of the MAF sensor, our Toyota shop manuals list that code like two different ways (descriptions), on the rain being an issue on mine was not the problem because I've only been in the rain once, I know hard to believe LOL, and as I stated earlier on the code P0606 that in an internal ECM problem and the ECM will have to be replaced to correct the problem, I have had a few Tacomas with water leaks at the windshield and the water would travel down into the ECM and set a CEL, it definitely would not hurt to check, Oh and one other thing on the P0103 code I have heard not to have the air filter on the URD cold air intake pushed on too far up on the piping they say too leave it as close to the end as possible and tighten the clamp. Sorry so long but hopes this may help you.

Yea your right about the P0103, i was actually wrong before when saying i've never gotten that code. I totally forgot because it's been awhile but i've seen that code twice, both times on was just about to hit redline in 3rd gear when the CEL came on. I talked with Gadget too and he said the same thing about a voltage clamp.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

i am almost sure this was water related it was thrown immedialy when I started the truckafter washin it. I may have hit the maf pretty hard with the pressure washer - i usually try to avoid it but i was going after a persistant bug- I also new about the filter being too far on the intake and mine is out on the end. Gadget said to check that awhile ago when I mentioned i was throwing a code.
As for the P0606 code i took it to toyota today about it and the bedside crack fix. They ordered me a new computer and the new parts for the bedside fix without even looking at anything -except drooling over my supercharger. - Should I have them look for leak around the windshield when they go to replace the ecm? No point in fixing the problem without fixing the cause right?
thanks for all the help guys :rock:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Yeah I would definitely make sure that any water hasn't gotten into the ECM , they should be able to tell by any corrosion on the ECM connectors and also if your passenger floor is not getting wet you are probably alright, but like I say I have seen some of the Tacomas leak water at the cowl panels but not so much of the X Runners and then again there are not as many of then out there like the regular Tacomas, keep us posted on what goes on with the repairs and what they find.

Top Bottom