P0607 & P0138 Code

Discussion in 'N/A Mods & Tuning' started by Roby124, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Roby124

Roby124 Member

While driving home from work this friday, I realized I had a check engine light on and the TRAC OFF light on.

I checked what codes were showing up and it was these two. Erased the codes with the computer and they still came up. P0607 & P0138

My current mods are listed above...

Could it be that the O2 sim went bad? or the MAF Cal? Its been raining real bad in miami so could it be anything with the weather?

Suggestions on what to do?

(i checked the forum for those codes and nothing came up for me?)

Thanks in advance

2. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

Try swapping sides with the simulators. Inspect for corrosion.

3. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually, your mods aren't visible at the top, unless the viewer is on a computer.

4. Roby124

Roby124 Member

Mods: DTLT W/ O2 Sims| URD Y Pipe | URD MKIII Exhaust | URD SS | AFe Intake | URD MAF Cal | XII Street Drop | 19" Enkei Raijin

Those are my current mods. Anyways, yesterday I was on my way to school and the light was still on. I get out of school about 3 hours later and the light is gone. Been driving it since and no light so I'm confused as to why and how that happened? :hmmmm2:

5. Roby124

Roby124 Member

Sooooo this keeps happening. Any idea why? should I just swap out the sensor and call it a day?

6. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I would check the O2 sim connections. Look for any corrosion. If there is clean them out thoroughly and maybe even electrical tape over them to seal them up. If it's not the O2 sim you may be looking at an O2 sensor going bad. How many miles do you have on the truck? Th P0607 would worry me the most. Google search returns PCM failure. Deal with the O2 sim/sensor code first, it may solve the other. Good luck.

7. Roby124

Roby124 Member

The truck only has 19000 miles. Gadget said to just worry about the o2 sim code and the other will go away.

Has anyone had this problem with the weather and o2 sensors?

8. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Check inside the connectors for water intrusion.

9. Hard Taco

Hard Taco Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"

It's raining really bad here today. And my truck is running sluggish and crappy. No cel yet but it's stumbling. Thinking it's the Urd intake or the sims getting wet

10. Roby124

Roby124 Member

Soooo this happened again. I ended up changing the O2 sim a while back and it rained hard yesterday in Miami and the same issue returned.

Any other suggestions

11. XTINCT_yota

XTINCT_yota Member

Had that problem. So Gadget, aren't the O2 simulators supposed to be water tight?

12. SFCDAN

SFCDAN New Member

An old post but I ran into this issue this winter. I hit a puddle that was deeper then I thought. 5 miles later I had the same codes. They would intermittently leave and come back and eventually stopped. Then I went to the car wash with a undercarriage wash and the truck died in the car wash then threw the same codes. I checked the rear o2 sensors and the wetherpac connectors had some moisture in them. I dried them with some MAF cleaner and compressed air. Added some dialectic grease to the contacts and o-rings and haven't had a code thrown since. I used to get the P0420 and P0430 codes regularly as well but the dialectic grease might have fixed that as well.