P2195 help - a/f sensor stuck lean

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by Amo-cat3, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 Member

I was originally getting a P2238 code (a/f sensor bank 1 short circuit) so I bought a new Denso sensor #234-9026 and new extension o2 wire harness from URD (I have my sensors moved to the collector of my DT longtubes). I installed them yesterday, now as I drive if I step on the gas it bogs and I get the P2195 code.
    When I removed my original sensor (bank 1 sensor 1) it looked different from my replacement sensor #234-9026 (got part number from rockauto). Unfortunately the trash came as I was out test driving and didn't check the part number of the old sensor. Any Ideas of other things to check.

Thanks for your time
    R

2. Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 Member

Some confusing part numbers out there. So I checked out the part number on the other denso a/f sensor on driverside and it's a different part number then what is listed on Amazon, rockauto and other sites- these sites show toyota part #89467-04060 or Denso 234-9026. So my original part numbers are toyota #89467-04020 or Denso 234-9051 for the front sensors which also are used in the tundra v8 4.7l and tacoma 2.7 engines. So I ordered my orginal part number and will see when it arrives.

3. Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 Member

The Denso #234-9051 seems to be the right one!!

4. ToyotaNewbie97

Congrats on the find
    I remember when I changed my o2 sensors when I installed my shortys and finding the right ones were a pain

5. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Just hope you never have to change the transmission tailshaft seal......talk about a part number nightmare....glad to see you got this sorted out though