Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

P90XRU Workout Thread

MusTrd

Reaction score
Thanks Sean, that was my thinking as well. I'd probably prefer free weights, but I'm also in an apartment so I didn't really want to use up space for free weights. The portability factor is another reason I was leaning towards the bands. I don't travel a lot or anything, but I'm not going to want to miss days once I start.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Question for everyone using this: What is everyone's preference, free weights or the bands? I've used free weights but I've never used bands before. I guess I'm looking for opinions from people who have used both to figure out which I want to buy.
I mainly use dumbbells for my workout.

But one thing I've been doing is using the bands for some cardio and also to help tone. When I step on the band (feet fairly close together to leave enough slack) so I can do about 100-200 reps, it will take me about 10 mins before I start feeling a burn.

Other days I'll spread my feet apart so that way the band has more tension (resistance), and my arms will be burning in about 4-5 mins.

The only thing that kinda bugs me about using the band is the fact that you don't really know how much weight you're curling/working with. I like keeping track of what weight I'm curling; which is why I use the dumbbells more frequently.

RedXr

Reaction score
Ya Brian, Id say just go with what you want to accomplish. You will see alot more toning with the bands over the weights because you have resistance the whole time. You can do the same with weights, but if your not worried about how much weight your lifting then go for the bands.

Generation-X

Reaction score
What kind of difference did yall see at end of week 1? Obviously after only a week things might not change alot but just curious. I feel more in shape and all but weight never changed (even with GOMAD) either that or fat replaced muscle dunno...

akxr79

Reaction score
What kind of difference did yall see at end of week 1? Obviously after only a week things might not change alot but just curious. I feel more in shape and all but weight never changed (even with GOMAD) either that or fat replaced muscle dunno...

It's probably muscle. I don't think its good to get caught up with weight. I think if you just look in the mirror after a couple weeks you'll see the difference and know work is paying off.

I wouldnt be surprised if someones been consistent and determined they've seen a difference in how their pants fit though over just the past week or two.

In p90x do you guys go heavy at all?? or lightweight resistance when weight training?

Generation-X

Reaction score
Depends on what you are going for. Low weight high reps, heavy weight low reps?

akxr79

Reaction score
Depends on what you are going for. Low weight high reps, heavy weight low reps?

Oh, so you can choose your path? I thought it was a lot stricter, like they gave you the exact reps and sets and stuff you do.

Generation-X

Reaction score
Oh, so you can choose your path? I thought it was a lot stricter, like they gave you the exact reps and sets and stuff you do.

Sometimes they say you need to do a set amount of reps but weights is on you. They even mention about the reps thing in the start of it all

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I've been sick as a dog since Friday night (sore throat, sinuses are shot, cough, and my nose won't freakin stop running:argh:), which means I haven't done the workout in a few days. I still feel horrible and I have NO energy what-so-ever:thumpdown:.

So it looks like I'm gonna have to wait another day or so until I can back in the routine.

I fuggin hate being sick:frown:

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I've been sick as a dog since Friday night (sore throat, sinuses are shot, cough, and my nose won't freakin stop running:argh:), which means I haven't done the workout in a few days. I still feel horrible and I have NO energy what-so-ever:thumpdown:.

So it looks like I'm gonna have to wait another day or so until I can back in the routine.

I fuggin hate being sick:frown:

WTF??? Toughen up, exercise will cure you cuz.

That time of the month for you huh?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
WTF??? Toughen up, exercise will cure you cuz.

That time of the month for you huh?
^^^lol....good thing I stocked up on Cherokee hair tampons

sp_0407_13_v6.jpg

TitanRattler813

Reaction score

Nil... my weight is still the same. I ate like a vacuum cleaner for a couple days and ranged a good 5-6 lbs (up to around 165). Ran out of groceries and my weight went right back to 159 where it is stable.

Troskey

Reaction score
only video i've done was the ab ripper x..

i'm gonna start back on the Insanity Beach Body Workout by Shaun T..

it's pretty killer.. check it out..

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Everybody quit or something??? This thread is quite as a church now:hmmmm2:

I'm starting back up tonight...I haven't done it all week because I've been sick and had no energy what-so-ever.

MusTrd

Reaction score
I'm about to start, got my bands and pull-up bar in the mail yesterday, only waiting on the supplement stuff I ordered that's on it's way. I'm excited to start it finally, hopefully next week :biggrin:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
I need my pullup bar that the boyfriend delivers tonight.

Then I start again!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like David - I've been having some gastrointestinal issues. Hits me a few times a year and I've put off getting it more thoroughly checked out. Been having these gut issues for damn near a decade so I finally scheduled an appointment with a GI doctor next Thursday. I'm probably done until I figure out what's up with the old gut. Maybe I need to lay off the beer diet? :hmmmm2:

Top Bottom