Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paint my wheels

gookstyle

Reaction score
I want to paint my wheels a flat black. What kind of paint should I use? how difficult should it be?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Id have them powdercoated if I was going this route. Or id keep your stockers the way they are bro and just buy another set of wheels.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Talk with Xample, he painted his stockers before X-Fest this past year. There are actually quite a few guys on here that have done this. I'm sure they'll chime in here and give you some valuable information.

Here are a couple of threads that may help in the meantime:
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=4755&highlight=paint+wheels

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=3677&highlight=paint+wheels

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=2411&highlight=paint+wheels

Alexrunner

Reaction score
yea my friend tried to paint his wheels the other day and it was so much work: we sanded them down, cleaned them sprayed primer coats, then the paint coats, but the paint ended up chippin.

I on the other hand got em powdercoated. It was definitly worth it, it was only 100 a wheel but they look amazing.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
yea my friend tried to paint his wheels the other day and it was so much work: we sanded them down, cleaned them sprayed primer coats, then the paint coats, but the paint ended up chippin.

I on the other hand got em powdercoated. It was definitly worth it, it was only 100 a wheel but they look amazing.

Damn, whoever did yours was expensive.

I got mine done for $220 and that was with sandblasting and breaking down the wheels and tires.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah... i was quoted 50-60 per wheel for powder coating from a company that specializes in powder coating wheels. :dontknow:

morcheez

Reaction score
where did u go simplex....im wanting to do this to my stockers

Alexrunner

Reaction score
yea my was pricy but thats because there were no other choices. So they can afford to charge whatever they want.,

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
where did u go simplex....im wanting to do this to my stockers

There is a local Motorcycle shop here in Tyler that sends them off to be sandblasted and then they powdercoat them.

My only complaint is that it took 3 weeks to get it done, but it didnt bother me that much cuz I had other wheels and tires.

morcheez

Reaction score
im sure ...just gotta get my hands on my stockers ...they are in new orleans still

mik0r01

Reaction score
:canada::crinklehair::adore::rofl:update pictures please

Top Bottom