Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Port n Polish & Nitrous

grifter95

Reaction score
Okay I am thinking about sending my blower off ti be pnp by stiegmeier. I know there was a thread on this that morphed in 40 pages into their snake bite mode. So did anyone get the pnp only? If so what were the results?

Secondly Stiegemeier also offers fuel injector enlargement... aka 440 ccm to 660 ccm .... would this slow my 09 to run more boost or e85 while keeping my map-ecu3 piggyback?

Thirdly still wanting to try a small amount of nitrous.... 35-50 Max... does any one have a setup that utilizes the Apr 7th injector? If so what specs and pics?

outlaw7

Reaction score
i had the blower ported by stieg, but had a smaller pulley installed at the same time so i cannot accurately claim any gains. If you do find a nitrous setup that can be used with the 7th i got one sitting on the shelf that's up for sale.

darthyota

Reaction score
Doug had a custom nitrous setup on his trd blower made tons of power his current screen name is 5H4D0WD347H

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Im not sure but i think Murderface might have some work done to his??

Bulldogger

Reaction score
i had the blower ported by stieg, but had a smaller pulley installed at the same time so i cannot accurately claim any gains. If you do find a nitrous setup that can be used with the 7th i got one sitting on the shelf that's up for sale.
Well with the combo was there a noticable difference?? Porting and polishing should lower down stream intake temps which should result in less timing being pulled so more horsepower.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
To my knowledge there isn't anyone who put in the lw rotors, just outlaw who has ported. I am sitting on my sc right now debating on sending it out to steig while I wait...

As for nos there are a few that did it, one just tapped a throttle body spacer....

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I am thinking about sending my blower off ti be pnp by stiegmeier. I know there was a thread on this that morphed in 40 pages into their snake bite mode. So did anyone get the pnp only? If so what were the results?

Secondly Stiegemeier also offers fuel injector enlargement... aka 440 ccm to 660 ccm .... would this slow my 09 to run more boost or e85 while keeping my map-ecu3 piggyback?

Thirdly still wanting to try a small amount of nitrous.... 35-50 Max... does any one have a setup that utilizes the Apr 7th injector? If so what specs and pics?

As for the injectors, you can get those from anywhere. They just need to be high impedance injectors.

The only ones which I will say should work the best for your tuning, would be the Injector Dynamics brand. Due to how the tuning of those injectors is, coupled with how the Map3 tunes. At that size or larger.

Yes you would be able to run E85. Just remember that E85 requires about 30% more fuel than regular octanes.

To my knowledge there isn't anyone who put in the lw rotors, just outlaw who has ported. I am sitting on my sc right now debating on sending it out to steig while I wait...

As for nos there are a few that did it, one just tapped a throttle body spacer....

Do it. Won't cost you any down time. :D

Last edited:

outlaw7

Reaction score
How much would a port and polish cost ya?
I think it was 600 for the work but that included the pulley swap.

Well with the combo was there a noticable difference?? Porting and polishing should lower down stream intake temps which should result in less timing being pulled so more horsepower.

There was a huge difference from when I sent it in. I would recommend at least what I had done to anyone.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
I think it was 600 for the work but that included the pulley swap.

There was a huge difference from when I sent it in. I would recommend at least what I had done to anyone.

Good to hear, I probably will do it when I get my truck back.

Scarface

Reaction score
Go for it. why not... got the funds? Only live once... I have to finalize everything before continuing work on my truck... :/

grifter95

Reaction score
I was under the impression that larger injectors that would work with Map-Ecu3 were really expensive. That's why I was considering letting them enlarge the TRD ones for $150ish. What are my other options?

Also I am really amazed that no one on here has a nitrous setup that uses the APR 7th injector plate.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score

Do it. I regret not doing it.... especially if you are switching out the pulley. The shop I took it to had troubles taking off the 2.7" pulley and it cost me 400$ + the cost of the 2.7" pulley. It would have been cheaper for me to send in my S/C and have them port/polish than have the local shop switch out the pulley.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that larger injectors that would work with Map-Ecu3 were really expensive. That's why I was considering letting them enlarge the TRD ones for $150ish. What are my other options?

Also I am really amazed that no one on here has a nitrous setup that uses the APR 7th injector plate.

Injector Dynamics work differently than the TRD style or other brands for that matter. The reason those brands won't work when past 600 CFM is that so much voltage has to be removed from the tuning map for idling, on the maf sensor, that it causes a MAF issue.

With the injector dynamics brand, you have to ADD voltage to get them to idle.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
As far as porting the supercharger goes several guys with the m90 on the mustang forum that did the steggy port-npolish showed no gains on the dyno.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably best to invest that money into the Snakebite upgrade. ;) Of course, that is a whole other beast. ^_^

Top Bottom