Port N Polish TRD Blower

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by Super Werty, May 5, 2010.

1. Murderface

Murderface New Member

From what I hear the tiny intercooler we have is insufficient to cool all that boost. Only one person on here did it and the stock motor couldn't handle the boost let alone all the heat it created.

2. sparkys tacoma

sparkys tacoma New Member

Bingo. You have about 45 seconds of full boost before your gonna start knocking. In about 20 seconds your approaching 200mph. So at 45 seconds you wouldn't know if it's the sound barrier knocking or your motor.

3. Toon714

Toon714 New Member

Hey sparky.
    I was wondering how much was ur built auto tranny? If u dont mind me asking.
    U can pm.me if u feel more comfortable.

4. sparkys tacoma

I had a local shop do it. Guys I know and trust and will give me a good deal. So everything was 2300 including a 26k GVWR trans cooler. It included clutch packs VB and a higher stall on the tq converter.

5. Toon714

Toon714 New Member

Oh wow. Thats a good pruce for a built tranny.
    I was planing to do my vb upgrade tommrow. If I have time.
    And im also moving back to so cali in a few months.
    U think when im ready to build my tranny u can hook me up with the shop that did youra?

Thx for the info bro.

6. sparkys tacoma

Hell yeah. I'll even meet you there.

7. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Ok so another update for this talked to Bob today about the Sparky Mod...lol.... To do do the TB and The 7th and the blower 600 plus ship.

Sparky need u to chime in plz. Could you plz elaborate more on what exactly got done to those pieces? Also could u post a pic of the TB. Here or send it to my number below plz. Thanks man!.

8. sparkys tacoma

Sorry no photos and the truck is no longer in my possession. But more than anything it was matching than smoothing. An increase of .1" in 7th and like .16" on tb. Mostly just smoothing it out from there.

9. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

So when u got it back the TB And 7th were mounted to the blower? Basically one smooth track into the blower right? Like a smooth pipe?

10. sparkys tacoma

It was disassembled. I had to reassemble. It was more than evident the porting and what. It that they did. Huge diff in throttle response. And it helped with knock considerably. Dave at apr said the blower was so fast that it used the 7th to richen up passenger bank. So he had to drop it to 50% so it'd only atomize to help cooling. No extra fueling was done by the 7th. But the 668's were at 85-90% so I wasn't really over clocking them or anything.

11. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Oh man thats wicked. So they ported n polished the TB and the Spacer and entry to blower all to match. Also on the butterfly flap on the TB you said they knife edged it right? Is that all they did to the TB beside the PNP?

12. sparkys tacoma

Well the enlarged it. Matched it. Polished it. Oh yeah and forgot to tighten down one of the butterfly screws. But I guess that was a freebie. No lock tight or anything.

13. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Dang...well it sux that u dont have it n e more....would love to see what that passage looked like.

14. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Called again today for some more info......the lightweight rotor packs r 500 and the venom cooler is 450. Time to save up again.

15. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

You should start a thread for TRD Snakebite and Port/ Polish Pricing. :top:

16. theduck911

theduck911 New Member

What exactly is the "venom" cooler?

17. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Go on there website. I would link it but im on my phone right now....I spent like an hr this morning checking out there videos and reading up on some of there stuff. Looks like my project just got delayed more....lol...

Thats a good idea Mark. Do one soon

18. sparkys tacoma

Yeah what is this venom cooler. Only cooler upgrades I know of are a larger radiator for the Intercooler like the tundra version or chemical cooling. 7th or meth.

19. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Making thread....right now

20. sparkys tacoma

Make a link too