Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Port N Polish TRD Blower

darthyota

Reaction score
if your worried about temps you could always run water meth

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Im curious to know how hot the air is though at 16 psi. It's gotta be insane.

Im much more interested in doing the port. I wish he had just done that first.

Think of it like this, restriction causes friction. That friction then causes heat. So, reduce the friction, reduce the heat. How much so, I have no idea. It might be enough to where heat at 16 psi on the ported setup is equivalent to the heat on a non ported 12 psi setup.

Efficiency always works wonders.:top:

STONER-X

Reaction score
Im curious to know how hot the air is though at 16 psi. It's gotta be insane.

Im much more interested in doing the port. I wish he had just done that first.

i read somewhere it is about 10deg per PSI over the Air Intake Temp..... ?????? 10deg*16psi= 160deg??? 80deg AIT + 160 = 240deg??????... you may have to get a TCAI for that set up :laugh: ill have to find the link i read... i beleive that they said ABOUT 10 pre...:dontknow:

ntinhri

Reaction score
To my understanding they also have some sort of OD gear set up for the snout. I think the gears is where the 16pis came from the port was "only done where they could reach". SO while it was ported, I dont think the entire track was ported. I think any of us with a dremel could port out the s/c, we just wouldnt have the gears set up.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Snakebite? Saw a post on CT asking but no answer. Be nice to see a before pics for a good look at the difference.

It's the gears inside of the blower. Basically the change out the gear ratio so that you use a larger pulley on the outside to spin the insides faster.

Aside from gaining power, the port is supposed to lowers the temps by reducing air turbulence. I still dont see how 16 psi is not extremely hot, but maybe the port is enough to help. He is also running a 7th, but still, 16 psi means a lot of heat.

lol, this TRD blower apparently has really good efficiency if hp isnt nosediving yet

Think of it like this, restriction causes friction. That friction then causes heat. So, reduce the friction, reduce the heat. How much so, I have no idea. It might be enough to where heat at 16 psi on the ported setup is equivalent to the heat on a non ported 12 psi setup.

Efficiency always works wonders.:top:

that is the magic question, how much heat is taken out. We might not know, cause right after this he blew up his motor. But his intercooler foam seal came off, so all that heat was being forced in.

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
does he know if the 16psi blew the foam out??? i didnt read all of it....

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
If you say so but it's relitively cheap and available compared to nitrous like up here in the great White north they sell it at the gas station:laugh::laugh:

Nitrous is cheap and available everywhere (if not from a speed shop you can get it from a local gas supplier), meth is a fuel though and nitrous is an oxidizer.

So.... How about Nitrous and Meth :-D

Meth is also highly toxic (dont drink the windshield washer fluid), flammable (Meth burns pretty much clear and is extremely hard to detect until its too late), and corrosive.

Meth kits can hydrolock your motor or cause engine damage via knock if a component fails/becomes clogged/or you don't keep up on refilling your tank. While the same is true for nitrous and boost to a point (except the hydrolock portion); you use meth everyday to keep the motor from knocking/as a race fuel alternative where as nitrous is just used occasionally for power.

The safe alternative to meth is E85 if you have it up there my friend - E85 is less caustic and running it in your fuel tank/factory fuel system eliminates its maintenance and a lot of the risks associated with individual components of the kits and user error.

Although meth is abundantly available pretty much everywhere as blue windshield washer fluid...

does he know if the 16psi blew the foam out??? i didnt read all of it....

I dont think he put the foam back in, it had come off prior

To my understanding they also have some sort of OD gear set up for the snout. I think the gears is where the 16pis came from the port was "only done where they could reach". SO while it was ported, I dont think the entire track was ported. I think any of us with a dremel could port out the s/c, we just wouldnt have the gears set up.

They install a new drive set inside the blower as an alternative to running a smaller pulley on the outside.

This is nice because your belt tension is kept to stock specification while having an overdriven setup.

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
I know you can buy e85 here but not at the gas station so blue window juice up here is they way most go up here and yes nos is readily available just as much so as blue window juice but you don't have run meth just for anti knock some use it as poor mans nitrous

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should have had them make a little larger intercooler while they were in there...

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I know you can buy e85 here but not at the gas station so blue window juice up here is they way most go up here and yes nos is readily available just as much so as blue window juice but you don't have run meth just for anti knock some use it as poor mans nitrous

Meth and Nitrous are in two different worlds, i can build you a nitrous kit for 250 bucks if you want cheap bro :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Meth is a high octane fuel with about half the energy content of gasoline. To make more power using meth you need to add a considerable amount of timing advance & you typically run it leaner as well. The power obtained by running meth comes from its evaporative' cooling and primarily being able to crank up the timing (its a cheap race fuel).

Thus... If you are running on a meth tune (or are using it to suppress boost induced knock with out cranking up timing advance) and your system fails to deliver it to the engine - KNOCK KNOCK, whos there? It is I sir broken ring land.

Nitrous super cools the intake charge far beyond what meth could dream of, its also a chemical oxidizer.

Its apples and oranges brother - either way you look at it (suppressing boost knock, cranking up timing for power, or both..) meth is used to suppress the knock threshold; knock will be the demise of the engine with out it.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
Nosssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
NOS on the 7th injector , setup only to spray under WOT. Yeah. I said that. "For the added cooling" lol

STONER-X

Reaction score
Can you do nos and gas through the 7th

i think you would have to have two injectors.. ?? ... :dontknow: plus nossssss is at a higher pressure than your fuel system.. sooo i think in that case if you were to do that the nosssssss would over power the fuel and it would only spray nos and no gas... same if it were tapped into the fuel rail...... motor may sound like it has popcorn in it :laugh:

otherwise i think everyone would just tap into the fuel rail and spray away:dontknow::dontknow:

i could be way wrong..... but that is what i think...... :dontknow::dontknow:

SX TOY

Reaction score
the seventh injector plate is designed to accept a nos injector also. I believe you must order it that way though.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Should have had them make a little larger intercooler while they were in there...

THIS!!!!!

maybe when Coupe makes the oil pan extensions he can get this idea done as well. Same thing, minus needing a new larger intercooler

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
i think you would have to have two injectors.. ?? ... :dontknow: plus nossssss is at a higher pressure than your fuel system.. sooo i think in that case if you were to do that the nosssssss would over power the fuel and it would only spray nos and no gas... same if it were tapped into the fuel rail...... motor may sound like it has popcorn in it :laugh:

otherwise i think everyone would just tap into the fuel rail and spray away:dontknow::dontknow:

i could be way wrong..... but that is what i think...... :dontknow::dontknow:

There are about three ways to inject nitrous in a nutshell.

1. Two separate injectors (one fuel, one nitrous)
2. Dry / EFI tuned (or untuned)
3. Combined single point (or multipoint direct port) injector (a injector with both fuel and nitrous passages in one)

No matter what method you use, the ideology behind all of it remains the same. You want to atomize the fuel appropriately in sync so that the fuel and the nitrous reach the cylinder in the correct ratio at the same time.

In a single point all-in-one nozzle (common in most wet kits) both fuel and nitrous are separated until the very end of the nozzle. The high pressure nitrous collides with the lower pressure fuel at the tip of the nozzle (or in some poor designs before then) to atomize the fuel and create a nice solid homogeneous plume of nitrous/fuel.

You can have two separate nozzles (one nitrous, and one fuel) positioned slightly apart from each other but in a way that still results in a fuel/nitrous collision and a solid plume.

OR you can fog a dry plume into the intake and compensate for it via MAF/Tune/FPR.

The farther away and the more complicated the path a wet injection point has to go through, the more variables there are.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Nosssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAWZ NOOOooOOossSss!!!!

http://www.hvmotorsports.com/pubdlmisc/yfznitrous.MOV

1967-mustang-fastback-gone-in-60-seconds-eleanor-nitrous-go-baby-go-button-1280x960.jpg

nos.jpg

Top Bottom