Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Potenza S-04

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
Going to be needing some new tires fairly soon and wondering if anybody has tried the new Bridgestone S-04 tire? I know a lot around here run the Hankook V12 and that's what I was thinking about going with but the S-04 seems like a good tire. Not much info available on it though.

Roseknight

Reaction score
Last edited:

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
Love my Michelin Pilot Roads on the bikes.. but Michelin is notorious for only making tires in sizes they feel like...

being the geek I am I had to check if you could get Michelin Pilot Sports to fit the xr...
http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sel...mance-sport/pilot-sport-a-s-plus/tire-details
says yes.. (at least the 2012 x runner size)

You are looking at the Pilot Sport all season tire which does come in the stock tire size. However I was talking about the Pilot Super Sport summer tire which Michelin does not make in 255/45-18.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Go with the Pilot A/S sport plus. That's what I have.

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
Oh I have no doubt they are good tires, but I don't like all seasons on my truck even if they are "performance all seasons".

boost10

Reaction score
So2 are bad mama jammas i loved them on my 350z but it costs a pretty dime

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
can't go wrong with the KDW 2's they wear kinda quick (25-30k miles with autox on mine) but wet traction and lateral grip are tits! if you don't mind going away from your stock size (to 245/40/18) check out the Nitto NT01's or the Invo's are available in the stock size as well.

Roseknight

Reaction score
You are looking at the Pilot Sport all season tire which does come in the stock tire size. However I was talking about the Pilot Super Sport summer tire which Michelin does not make in 255/45-18.

Sorry personal bias on my part... The truck is the nasty weather transport for me.. if the weather is nice.. I'm on a bike.. or hauling bikes somewhere for something..
So no point in putting summer tires on for me..

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
Sorry personal bias on my part... The truck is the nasty weather transport for me.. if the weather is nice.. I'm on a bike.. or hauling bikes somewhere for something..
So no point in putting summer tires on for me..

Yeah I like to be on a bike whenever I can too:top: but I just like to push my truck enough that A/S tires aren't for me.

sonic555u

Reaction score
SO-4 are exellent

I have the so-4 its a really good tire i would say the RE050 are a tiny bit stickier but the s0-4 last alot longer and perform extreamly well in the rain thats why i got them because i like to drive fast, rain or shine.

Top Bottom