Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

powder coat

07xrunner

Reaction score
redrimX.jpg
:ahhhhh: :puke:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
For everyone that has powder coated there rims, have there been any problems also how are they holding up? I'm thinking about doing mine. thanks for any input :top:

project-c2

Reaction score
I would just paint them. I did my Racing Hart CP8 on my Civic. Paint looks nicer (more glossy) And powder coat still chips off, but you can't touch it up like if it was painted. Another thing is the powder coat fades from heat and sun.

gnat1000

Reaction score
which is more durable? I'm out in the country so I encounter rocks and dirt roads very often.

Gotjustin27

Reaction score
Cant you just buy Spray paint at auto zone with clear coat and paint a few layers on your items you want to powder coat?

i know a lot of people that do that and i never seen anyone pay over 20 bucks hahahaha... Cheap mofos i guess :dontknow:

gnat1000

Reaction score
Cant you just buy Spray paint at auto zone with clear coat and paint a few layers on your items you want to powder coat?

i know a lot of people that do that and i never seen anyone pay over 20 bucks hahahaha... Cheap mofos i guess :dontknow:

There is no way I would do that and cheap mofos pretty much sums it up. I dont get how someone could get a $20,000 + vehicle and then want to spray paint the rims? Just blows my mind. I'd just rather save up and get it done right.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
There is no way I would do that and cheap mofos pretty much sums it up. I dont get how someone could get a $20,000 + vehicle and then want to spray paint the rims? Just blows my mind. I'd just rather save up and get it done right.

mine are sprayed, and holding up really well. i've only had to touch em up maybe 3 times. and i did tha mod at about 4k miles, and now have 37k miles. they still look nice,and do the job till i decide for powdercoat,or aftermarket rims. cheap fix for now:biggrin:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
yeah I did the duplicolor wheel paint thing cuz I wanted a cheap fix until I could buy rims, but damn they are all spotty and crap, they do look a lot better from about 10+ feet though I'm buying rims asap.:biggrin:

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
yeah so its guna be powdercaot for me time to start calling around! so what am i guna do if i dont have any extra wheels to put on when i take the stockers off, leave the truck siiting on jack stands??lol

gnat1000

Reaction score

HAHA... guess I need to shut up sometimes. I tried to paint them last weekend and they looked horrible. I spent like 2 hours getting all the paint off. Oh well. Still looking to powdercoat though. Just dont think I will get it done by x-fest:frown:

gnat1000

Reaction score
yeah so its guna be powdercaot for me time to start calling around! so what am i guna do if i dont have any extra wheels to put on when i take the stockers off, leave the truck siiting on jack stands??lol

Well I hate to say it but thats what I'm going to be doing when I get mine powdercoated. But I have a company vehicle I can use while the rims are off. Guy says if I give him the rims on friday then he could have them ready by sunday. So thats not too bad.

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
well i have another car i can drive a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP so ill be fine without my truck for a few days i guess......

Top Bottom