Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Power slides from hell!!!

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
I had my bump stops removed this weekend so i could get them cut. Later that day on the way back from the Wing House I did a power slide around the U-turn and went way more sideways than anticipated. I finally realized this was due to removing the bumps stops, so if you do this just be careful until you get the hang of it.:top:

XRobber

Reaction score
What?!??!?!!??!
Not possible bro.... bump stops dont do anything like that :)

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
What?!??!?!!??!
Not possible bro.... bump stops dont do anything like that :)

How else do you explain it? The bed doesn't have the stops so it can "roll" more. This has never happened untill I took them out.

Jonathan

Reaction score
you do not hit the stops when turning under any circumstances unless you just hit a semi!:driver:

XRobber

Reaction score
How else do you explain it? The bed doesn't have the stops so it can "roll" more. This has never happened untill I took them out.

Explaining it - I would have to say you were turning LEFT - Left turns with a little extra gas, and that bad boy will swing around like CRAZY!! The bump stops are strictly to protect your axle when you hit a NASTY bump from the frame..

you do not hit the stops when turning under any circumstances unless you just hit a semi!:driver:
x2

REG CAB X

Reaction score

I am assuming your truck is lowered somehow. Your truck would roll more at stock height than it would lowered. Higher center of gravity would cause more body roll. There is more weight pushing the tires outward towards whichever way you are turning due to the lower center of gravity. Therefore it would be easier to slide the truck lowered than at stock height.

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
Explaining it - I would have to say you were turning LEFT - Left turns with a little extra gas, and that bad boy will swing around like CRAZY!! The bump stops are strictly to protect your axle when you hit a NASTY bump from the frame..

It happened in both directions. I try to get it sideways all the time and never had it done it so much as this weekend after the stops removed I understand what you guys are saying, but it must be a huge coincidence then.

Xacto

Reaction score
yep...bump stops have totally 0% to do with the fact that you were doing mad powerslides. It's the same deal as a TBS when people think their truck is "so much faster" when it's actually the same or SLOWER in some cases.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kyle - are you still running the stock tires? I know that mine are getting VERY slippery even in dry conditions. Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. :dontknow:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Wow... bump stops = powersliding

Hey, atleast your having fun in your X :top:

REG CAB X

Reaction score
Wow... bump stops = powersliding

Hey, atleast your having fun in your X :top:

I have my bump stops out and my bump stop brackets that are riveted to the frame and I can't get my truck to slide for nothing. Mostly due to lack of power though.:thumpdown:

xmoney

Reaction score
anything under 50 degrees and my X spins like its on ice. lol you should see the black marks in front of my house.

project-c2

Reaction score
I'll be on your side. Probably due to the increased weight shift from not bottoming out on the axle. :dontknow:

wshsbears

Reaction score
i watched each one of u do the powerslide and i swung out the furthest, but the reason it swung so far for u is because it was like 50 degrees outside and u just started ur truck after it was sitting for an hour or so. when ur tires r cold and the road is cold, they combine to make it easier to slide.

driving sideways is so much fun though.. stop complaining! :biggrin:

xtoplinex

Reaction score
That's why when I turned I didn't press the gas too much...cause if I did I would have went everywhere like you did..(I saw you on the sideview...looked pretty cool..:laugh: ) But no, Bump stops have nothing to do with that...at all. :top:

Top Bottom