Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

powtercoating stockers

lacetool

Reaction score
powdercoat off off? yes off

make sure they blast or clean them up good, my guy did not and 4 years later 2 are flaking ugu just got new tires reinstall to recoat..priceless lacetool

rav-o-nation

Reaction score
i would strip them your self it will also cut down on the price they give out if all they have to do it paint them. less work for them less money they can charge you

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
powtercoating? whats that?????????? or did you mean powdercoating?

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
we have a few places here in jax that does them for pretty good prices. Ill be having mine done in the next few months.

Hey Chris yall still planning on being at Import Face Off on sunday. Whyll I'm at it is anybody else going to be at IFO in Gainrsville on Sunday

Vince77

Reaction score
Most places around here wanted $150 a wheel. Stripping and coating. I found a place to powdercoat only for $45 a wheels, but couldn't sand blast them.

I figured for a little more money I could just buy new wheels. If you can get a good price, it's well worth it. Stock wheels look good powdercoated.

Vince77

Reaction score
You or them. But yes, the factory finish has to be stripped.

Vince77

Reaction score
They can chemical dip it or media/sand blast them. I started stripping the paint off my wheels and it started removing the original finish. It was just much harder to remove. So I gave up and bought wheels. :laugh:

I'd suggest you have them do the prep. Unless you have the the equipment to do it right yourself.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
yeah we have a place down here said $100/wheeel but they werent sure on prep price.

Vince77

Reaction score
$100 a wheels is a lot just for powdercoat. Stripping them is the hard part.

Top Bottom