Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Programming the FOB?

TRON

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with programming new keyless FOBs? Wondering if you have to take out the UCon in order to be successful. The steps with inserting key and open/close doors is not working. Any insight on this greatly appreciated

shane881510

Reaction score
When I done mine I had to do its few times before I got it right. One wrong move and u have to start all over.

TRON

Reaction score
Did it work for you with the X1 or UCon already in?

Coupe

Reaction score
I have done it with the X1 in place. The sequence and the timing is important. It took me a couple of tries to get it right.

TRON

Reaction score
Thanks Coupe... Just trying to eliminate the reasons for not working... I've tried too many times to say the least. When I purchased my truck I got 3 keys... Two were black one grey. I presume both black keys are masters. The key I'm using unlocks all doors and starts the truck. I disconnected the door chime years ago, doubt that would be it:hmmmm2:

Coupe

Reaction score
One of the keys (actual key, not a fob) I received (new at the dealer) will not start the car. It will only open the door.

MplsX

Reaction score
I have had success programing a new key, (not a fob) with this device:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Astra-Depot-Vehicle-Programmer-Keymaker/dp/B00DJ2D45O/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1447040346&sr=1-1&keywords=Astra+Depot+New+Car+Vehicle+OBD2+OBD+II+OBDII+ALLin1+Programmer+4D+CHIP+%26+Smart+Key+Maker+Keymaker+For+TOYOTA+LEXUS"]http://www.amazon.com/Astra-Depot-Vehicle-Programmer-Keymaker/dp/B00DJ2D45O/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1447040346&sr=1-1&keywords=Astra+Depot+New+Car+Vehicle+OBD2+OBD+II+OBDII+ALLin1+Programmer+4D+CHIP+%26+Smart+Key+Maker+Keymaker+For+TOYOTA+LEXUS[/ame]

Dimebag

Reaction score
I bought my key fobs off ebay. They worked fine. Just be sure to follow steps exact and in order. Took a few tried but I was able to get it to work properly.

TRON

Reaction score
Well found the problem... I discounted the door chime in the steering wheel years ago. Plugged that back in and boom!!! It worked!!! Yes the eBay fobs do work

Top Bottom