QA1 coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Arcenik, Apr 6, 2018.

1. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

I found photos but they are too large to load here.
    And the Cold Rolled you need is 1" OD x 1/2" ID

AZ

2. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

RX2008RX,
    PM sent please read and contact me ASAP! You are more than welcome to have what I have. Maybe you can find a fabricator that can build and is willing to sell these! Remember the bottom brake line mounts too!
    If anyone has RX2008RX contact info please contact him to let him know.
    Sorry guys for the delay or should I say sorry for the fabricator I found that's not interested in building and selling the mounts. I tried my best to get these out at a reasonable price for everyone. ( I know I would love to be able to buy these! )

Best of luck to everyone,
    AZ / Randy

3. RS2008XR

RS2008XR Member

I'm making some progress on the mounts. Got a quote from one shop so far but I got a better shop lined up for next week. A big "thank you" to AZ Sun Lover and Arcenik for helping me with this.

4. Arcenik

Arcenik Member

Just purchased a set of Viking double adjustable socks for the rear of the X. I am not too happy with how the Qa1’s are performing. If they work out good I will probably be replacing the front Qa1’s also.

I just can’t seem to get the dampening where I want it to be. Hopefully the double will take care of this.

5. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

You know the QA1's can be valved for the springs you have. QA1's are not valved for a specific spring rate!
    This is why the fit such a wide range of spring rates. (not a good thing) Sorry to say unless you're a racer double adjustable shocks are over kill for a street car or truck. Please make some calls to see if you can get the shocks valved for your spring rate. This will make a huge difference! I'm only guessing you have to adjust the shocks to the stiffer range on the adjustment. Also QA1 sales the shocks you have in double adjustable shocks. Again getting the shocks valved will make a difference!

Best of luck,
    AZ

6. Arcenik

Arcenik Member

The problem is he qa1’s Adjust both compression and rebound together. For the rear I need less compression and more rebound. The front is the same I either have to much compression dampening and it will be just right on the rebound or good compression and not enough rebound.

If or when you get them you might understand. It’s either really firm or choppy because of lack of rebound. You might be happy with the subpar adjustments on the qa1’s but I am not. Also the qa1’s in a double adjustable shock have a ridiculous price tag.

I am not going to go though the hassle of having them re-valved and not be happy, if I can adjust compression and rebound separately I don’t have to worry.

The Viking double adjustables are made for the street. For only a minimal price increase I can get the rear shocks. The front are actually the same price as the qa1’s single adjustable.

I

7. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

Valving can fix the issue. You would just need to explain that to the shock tech.
    But good luck and I won't criticize your decision! I will see about getting my shocks valved. I thought one or the other (compression or damping) would be off after taking to QA1. I'm sure getting the shocks valved won't be cheap either!

Also thanks for the heads up on too much compression and not enough rebound front & rear❗️

Seriously good luck,
    AZ

8. Arcenik

Arcenik Member

If you have not bought yours yet I still would recommend getting double adjustables. I would hate to see you have them revalved and then they still don’t perform as expected.

9. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

One issue with the Viking rear shocks is they Are 3/4" longer on the compression and 1.5" on extended. For 67 Camaro rear shocks.
    The extended length is ok but with my rear setup the shocks will bottom out!
    Short bump stops and 4x4 / 6 lug OEM rear leafs with NO blocks.
    Bottoming out shocks will kill them instantly!

10. Arcenik

Arcenik Member

The shock I listed is comparable to the ts703.

Rear
    Qa1’s Ts703
    extended 19.00”
    Compressed 12.38”

Viking d212-r
    18.79 in. Extended, 12.04 in. Collapsed, stud,/eye,poly

I chose a slightly shorter version. They have multiple different sizes available if you know your ride height, extended and collapsed measurement.

Front
    Qa1 ds502 17.0 in. Extended, 11.625 in. Collapsed, Eyelet/Eyelet,

Viking C210 17.32 in. Extended, 11.57 in. Collapsed, Eyelet/Eyelet

I am not sure where you got your measurements from.

11. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

Sweet :)
    I just typed in shocks for the rear of a 67 Camaro. That's what the TS-703's are for.
    I purchased the front and rear shocks about 3 months ago but thanks for the heads up.

12. SOHCmyDOHC

SOHCmyDOHC Member

So you’re saying the Vikings are independently adjustable? Might have to check them out.

13. Arcenik

Arcenik Member

Yes I have read some good reviews. I ordered some for the rear. I can post pic when I get them

Blue10XR likes this.