Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QA1's INSTALLED!!!!!

Murderface

Reaction score
is that just for the rears or can you get fronts too:dontknow:

415XR

Reaction score
Have you called him to check up on your order?

I had to call and a few days later he gave me a tracking number

contacted him. ups tracking says it just arived in south san francisco. should have them by the time i get off work:biggrin: ill install friday night in time for a nice weekend cruise. how long did the install take you?

Reaction score
Congrats on the shocks! Too bad they don't make fronts...

Soooooo rediculouse how that works out...

Ok so on the page it says "Each shock is dyno-tested for consistency" is it just me or do i not know of a dyno that has the bumpy road test?:laugh: I thought they were smooth??:dontknow:

There actually is a machine that tests the shock specs...

5000XD

Reaction score
Hey nice man congrats. I need to wait for my a while longer I guess.

Did you get the 2015? or the regulars?

PiNkY

Reaction score
those things look sic. well after rollin around town for a bit with my djm 3/4 I def. think that's gona be my next purchase by far. lookin good like the rims btw:biggrin:

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score
with sittin sic leafs and qa's I have no wheel hop with my 265x35x20's bfg kdw2 NT ( I think thats the size Im running)

Ok so iam really looking to get rid of wheel hop and this looks a lot easier to install than the URD traction bar. Now, would i need the sittin sic leafs along with the QAs to stop wheel hop or just the QAs:hmmmm2:

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
Ok so iam really looking to get rid of wheel hop and this looks a lot easier to install than the URD traction bar. Now, would i need the sittin sic leafs along with the QAs to stop wheel hop or just the QAs:hmmmm2:

In order to stop "all" wheel hop you will need some kind of traction bar to stiffin the rear end and keep the axel from twisting during take off. I would go with TTC traction bars and the QA1's that should eliminate about 95% of wheel hop.

ntinhri

Reaction score
In order to stop "all" wheel hop you will need some kind of traction bar to stiffin the rear end and keep the axel from twisting during take off. I would go with TTC traction bars and the QA1's that should eliminate about 95% of wheel hop.

traction bars- Ive had the TTC and they bind. I personally would go with TTC bars.. Price wise they are good but for a few more bucks you can get a realy nice traction bar....

Come drive my truck... I have no wheel hop with my 20"s, sittin sic leafs, and QA-1's.... :top:

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
holy crap steven is alive.

Oh yes! Im back lol just had alot of stuff going on with life. Me and my fiance both worked for Circuit City and they went under and pretty much gave us the finger and said here 500 dollars get out. So had to move from our apartment due to our roommates left and we could not afford the rent and things. But im back and were doing ok. time for some meets and more moding lol. time for suspension mods oh yes :rockon:

Murderface

Reaction score

It is said that the sittin sic leafs reduce wheel hop:thumpdown: not true mine actually got worse:motz:

Jaegermeister

The "Tony Hawk" Guy
Reaction score

Well i wanna see what peoples response is for just the QA-1s and nothing else as in a drop or traction bars. I have my eye on the URD traction bar right now:rolleyez:

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
most of the X's running these shocks are dropped lol. rich is so if the wheel hop is minimal then it could be cause of the drop and shock combo. I think he's also using TTC traction bars. There should be little to no wheel hop I would think. :hmmmm2:

rich017

Reaction score
even with the TTC bars I had minimal wheel hop spinning 2nd or when it was let and the tires spun a little bit.

Now I have NO wheel hop whatsoever and body roll has been drastically reduced

SrtBrad

Reaction score

In order to stop all wheel hop you will need a Caltrac system like this:

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks021b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks010b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks013b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks017b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks018b.jpg

VnmPwrd160108CalTracks020b.jpg

And this is what it looks like on the truck when it's all done:

Srt10July62008185.jpg

Do you guys have traction bars like these? If not then I would highly recommend this setup as it has stopped all wheel hop for me and everyone else that I know. I also have the QA1's and the QA1's alone don't stop wheel hop but when combined with the Caltrac then you can set the fronts loose and the rears tight so you get weight transfer. This weight transfer (From front to back) is what makes the Caltracs work and this is what will make your truck stick out of the hole for the 1/4 mile track.

Hope this helps.

rich017

Reaction score
we have caltracs available for our trucks and also the TTC bars (what I have) that are basically the same but they dont run under the front leaf sporing mount instead of the front connecting to the leafspring

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
the srt also has a shock hooked up to the diff as a dampner it looks?

SrtBrad

Reaction score
the srt also has a shock hooked up to the diff as a dampner it looks?

All the RC (Regular Cabs) have that fifth shock. This shock does not eliminate wheel hop it only helps a little. The QC (quad Cab) does not have the fifth shock and really needs something like Caltacs for wheel hop. I have toasted my rear axle in my QC due to wheel hop at the track:

Top Bottom