Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quiet muffler

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Looking to tone down the loudness...I have the urd's 3" cat back and went with the loud muffler. There was at one time an option to go with the "quiet" version, is there a magnaflow part number for the quiet version?

Workman3886

Reaction score
Do you have a y pipe or headers? The magnaflow muffler I got with my URD cat back is pretty quiet, deep and nice tone, I'm happy with it!

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I have the long tubes...tired of the drone.
They did sell 2 different mufflers with the cat back system...looking for the part number on the quieter one.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed DTLTs back in the fall and the drone got to be obnoxious. I just have a 14" muffler swap in the stock catback so you can imagine the drone and rasp. I installed an 18" magnaflow resonator and WOW what a difference. Rasp=GONE, tone=same, drone at highway speed=gone. The volume is reduced a bit but it still barks nice when you get on it. This is the resonator I installed (this is for the stock size piping so you'll need to upsize) http://www.summitracing.com/search?keyword=10426&dds=1. I'm very pleased with it. The drone on the highway was mind numbing. Now I can have a normal conversation and don't have to blast the music to drown it out. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also call URD and most likely get the "quiet" muffler. Try that route first, as it should be the easiest.

cwatt

Reaction score
I have DTLTs, 2.5" Y-pipe, and 3" catback. Loud as hell. Vibrant Performance muffler and Ultra Quiet res. are on the way.

Top Bottom