Rear Access Door Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers / Subwoofers / Enclosures' started by 05TACOMAXRUNNER, Sep 13, 2016.

1. 05TACOMAXRUNNER

Havent had a chance to pop off door panels and explore for myself, but does anyone know since they moved the rear door speakers into the headliner, is the factory wiring for the speakers in the rear access doors still present even though the speakers are no longer there?

2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

My guess would be no, but stranger things have happened. But I haven't personally verified.

3. XMPLRY808

XMPLRY808 Active Member

There was no wires in the rear doors of my 2015.

4. XTINCT_yota

XTINCT_yota Member

None in my 2014.

5. whippersnapper02

The rear outputs are now used for the headliner exciters.

6. 05TACOMAXRUNNER

Im in the process of building a complete system behind the front seats taking up pretty much the whole rest of the cab like a had in my 2005, but the change in the rear seats setup is causing me to reconstruct my entire enclosure and its going to be a lengthy process so the reason I was asking was because I still have factory rear access door speakers from my 2005 and was going to put them in the 2013 for the time being as the headliner exciters are purely worthless.

7. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

What about the mounting locations for the speakers? Are those still there?

8. 05TACOMAXRUNNER

old setup from 2005.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

new setup design.....

[​IMG]

9. 05TACOMAXRUNNER

The mounting locations are still there but the door panels would need to be cut for a grill.

10. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

How do the pre-13 door panels match the 13-15 interior? If I were ever to trade up I'd hate not having the rears, and I'm not a fan of aftermarket speaker grills.

11. 05TACOMAXRUNNER

The factory door panels from the trucks with speakers in rear doors can be directly swapped into the newer trucks missing the rear door speakers and will line up with the mounting holes in the doors so you can just add your speakers of choice.

12. 05TACOMAXRUNNER

If I am correct I believe they did away with the rear access door speakers as early as 09-10.

13. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Do they match in terms of the design and flow of the doors and seat belt mechanisms?